As part of the v12.0 update that brings Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2, players will be able to get their hands on Fortnite’s Mythic Weapons. These weapons are either previously vaulted weapons, or existing weapons with improved stats to make them stand head and shoulders above their normal counterparts. Here’s how to get all Mythic Weapons in Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2.
Getting All Mythic Weapons in Fortnite
There are five new Mythic Weapons in Fortnite. Each one is held by a powerful henchman, and can be found in the following locations on your map:
- The Shark – Northwest corner of the map
- The Rig – Southwest corner of the map
- The Grotto – East side of the map
- The Yacht – Northeast side of the map
- The Agency – Center island
Each of these locations has a number of Henchmen occupying them. These are AI-controlled enemies that will shoot you on sight.
Alongside the usual Henchmen, there will be a ‘boss’ so to speak. These are the same characters as those that you’ll unlock by leveling up your Battle Pass.
We’ve listed each character you’ll find at each named location below.
- The Shark – Skye
- The Rig – TNTina
- The Grotto – Brutus
- The Yacht – Meowscles
- The Agency – Midas
You’ll know you’ve come across one of these, namely because they’ll look completely different to the other generic henchmen, but they’ll also have a little crown symbol above their head.
Once you spot one of these enemies, defeat them. They’ll have a lot more shield and health than your usual Henchmen, but it’ll be worth the effort.
When you’ve defeated each of them, they’ll drop a Mythic Weapon. Each of the five characters here has their own unique Mythic Weapon. We’ve listed them all below:
- Brutus – Minigun
- Meowscles – Heavy Assault Rifle
- Midas – Drum Gun
- Skye – Scar
- TNTina – Boom Bow
Once defeated, simply walk over to where the enemy stood and pick up their Mythic Weapon off the floor. It’s a paler gold color in rarity than Epic.
What Every Mythic Weapon in Fortnite Does
Each Mythic Weapon has something about them that makes it so darn good. We’ve noted our findings down below:
- Mythic Minigun – Deals higher damage, more accurate.
- Mythic Heavy Assault Rifle – More accurate. Deals more damage.
- Mythic Drum Gun – Faster rate of fire, more accurate.
- Mythic Scar – Higher damage and faster rate of fire.
- Mythic Boom Bow – Automatically reloads over time. Fires explosive bolts.
Other Mythic items have been spotted, but the way you get them seems different from the five noted above. We managed to get our hands on a Mythic Grappler which had unlimited uses, but this dropped off a player we eliminated.
We’ll be sure to update this post more as we get more concrete info on getting Mythic Weapons in Fortnite.
Using Henchmen Keycards
You may have noticed that when you defeated the likes of Midas, Skye, Brutus, or any of the other characters listed above at these named locations, they’ll also drop a keycard.
You can use the keycard to open the Vault at the named location you’re currently at. Check out our Fortnite Vaults guide for full details on how to do this.
For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out our Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 2 guide wiki.
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 Week 9 Challenges Leaked
- Fortnite: Drive a Car from Retail Row to Pleasant Park in 4 Minutes Challenge Guide
- Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 3 Week 8 Challenge List
- Fortnite Radio: How to Turn It On, Change Radio Stations & More
- Fortnite Joy Ride Update Trailer Is Pure Chaos; Epic Showcases All the New Cars