Black Desert Online, the popular MMORPG from developer Pearl Abyss, is offering up their game completely free starting now through March 2 at 10:00 A.M. You’ll be free to keep and play it it from that point on as long as you claim it before the deadline.
The MMORPG is normally a buy to play title with no mandatory subscription but lots of microtransactions options if that’s something that interests you.
This is a similar model to The Elder Scrolls Online, and differs from Final Fantasy XIV which is buy to play and has a monthly subscription, and Phantasy Star Online 2 which is totally free to download and play but features cosmetic microtransactions to make up the cash.
Although Black Desert Online’s microtrasanctions have turned some people off, a positive aspect about the game is that all major content additions such as expansions and new classes are free.
So if you nab it now while it’s free on Steam and end up liking it, you’ll at be able to enjoy the meat and potatoes of future content at no cost. In other words it’s a pretty low risk commitment if you’re at least intrigued by the now six year old action-heavy MMORPG.
If you end up diving in this weekend or have your own opinion on the game let us know in the comments below.
- Black Desert Online Gets Gorgeous Trailer Showing New Region O’dyllita
- Black Desert Online Total Revenue at $1.5 Billion, Mobile Installs at 20 Million
- Black Desert Online’s New Guardian Class Gets Release Date for Her Awakening
- Black Desert Online Trailer Reveals Guardian Awakening and She’s Still Beautiful and Badass
- Black Desert Online’s New Guardian Class Gets a Release Date & Trailer