Epic Games has rolled out another Fortnite update today. Update V11.40 adds a new “Sidegrading” mechanic that allows players to change assault rifle types in non-competitive play modes. Elsewhere, a number of balancing adjustments and bug fixes are also included.
You can view the full patch notes below:
- Introducing Sidegrading: the Heavy Assault Rifle returns.
- In non-competitive playlists, you can now use Upgrade Machines to “Sidegrade” your Assault Rifle into a Heavy Assault Rifle.
- Reduced material costs for upgrading weapons at Upgrade Machines.
- Added the following items to Battle Lab:
- Flint-Knock Pistol (Common and Uncommon)
- Shockwave Grenade
- Impulse Grenade
- The iPad Pro (2018 release) now supports 120 FPS.
- Clickable thumbstick buttons (L3 and R3) are now usable on supported iOS controllers.
- Players’ Star Wars Achievements have returned to the Legacy timeline.
- Resolved an issue involving the “F” key not enabling proper movement after direction was remapped to it.
- Resolved an issue involving editing quickly causing players to remain in Edit mode.
- Falling into a Hideout no longer causes the Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle’s crosshairs to disappear.
- Resolved an issue involving the “Visit different bus stops in a single match” Remedy vs. Toxin Challenge not tracking progress for some bus stops.
- The Spectrum Contrail again changes colors while in motion.
- Continued to make improvements regarding FPS drops and hitching on mobile devices.
- Resolved an issue involving mobile players getting stuck in a loop on the Select Fire Mode screen.
- Resolved an issue involving console players being unable to progress through the gifting process if they did not have Two-Factor Authentication enabled.
You can check out a new video trailer introducing the Sidegrading mechanic below.
As you’d expect, V11.40 has added a bunch of new challenges to the game. If you’re looking for help solving the 8-Ball vs. Scratch mission then look no further than our guide content. Here’s some related content you might find useful:
- Search Hidden Gnome Between Fancy View, Wooden Shack, Big House Location
- Search Hidden Gnome Between Lodjam Woodworks, Wooden Shack, Bucket Tree Location