Team of the Year has now finished in FIFA 20, meaning we’re waiting for the next promo – hopefully FUTure Stars. Therefore, the TOTW is likely the only live content that packs are going to see this week. In case you’re after some team upgrades this week, here are our FIFA 20 Team of the Week 18 (TOTW 18) predictions.
How to Get FIFA 20 Team of the Week 18 Players (TOTW 18)
- Open Packs
Team of the Week players can be found in any gold pack. If the player has a base silver card, they can also be found in silver packs, and the case is the same for players with base bronze cards in FIFA 20.
- Buy Them From the Transfer Market
All TOTW players can be purchased from the transfer market. At this stage in the game, most will be cheap, but high-rated or desirable cards will be expensive.
FIFA 20 Team of the Week 18 (TOTW 18) Predictions
- Samir Handanovic – GK – Inter Milan – 90 OVR – Inter may have thrown away their lead against Atalanta, but they were under pressure for most of the game and Handanovic saved a penalty.
- Cesar Azpilicueta – RB – Chelsea – 86 OVR – With an assist and a clean sheet, Chelsea’s captain might be in line for his first TOTW appearance of the season.
- German Pezzella – CB – Fiorentina – 84 OVR – The Argentinian defender scored the only goal as Fiorentina beat SPAL this weekend.
- Lucas Digne – LB – Everton – 86 OVR – In a quiet week for defenders, Digne may get into the squad with an assist and a clean sheet in Everton’s win this weekend.
- Bruno Fernandes – CM – Sporting – 87 OVR – Putting himself in line for what would surprisingly be his first TOTW of the season, Bruno Fernandes scored twice at Setubal this weekend.
- Seko Fofana – CM – Udinese – 81 OVR – He didn’t scored in Udinese’s 3-1 win, but he laid on assists for two of the goals.
- Abdoulaye Doucoure – CAM – Watford – 86 OVR – Playing a more advanced role in Watford recent resurgence, Doucoure scored the opener and assisted the second in his side’s 3-0 win at Bournemouth.
- Riyad Mahrez – RW – Manchester City – 88 OVR – He might be outshone by his record breaking teammate, but with two goals and an assist against Aston Villa, Mahrez is in with a shout for a TOTW 18 place.
- Maxwell Cornet – LW – Lyon – 84 OVR – Playing on the left this week, Cornet scored one and assisted the other in Lyon’s 2-1 win at Bordeaux.
- Sergio Aguero – ST – Manchester City – 91 OVR – With a hat-trick in City’s 6-1 win over Aston Villa, Aguero became the highest scoring non-English player in Premier League history. His inevitable TOTW 18 appearance could be as a record breaker card.
- Gaetan Laborde – ST – Montpellier – 81 OVR – With a hand in both goals (1G & 1A) in Montpellier’s 2-1 win at Angers, Laborde should see himself get a place in TOTW 18.
What Team of the Week Players Are & What’s Different?
Team of the Week players in FIFA 20 are just slightly upgraded versions of existing players in the game. They are awarded for good performances in real-world football and players’ rating gradually get higher as they get more and more in-forms.
You’ll notice them due to the card being black rather than gold. You’ll also see the flares in the tunnel as bright gold, rather than white as they are for standard gold players.
When Does Team of the Week 18 (TOTW 18) Go Live in FIFA 20?
The full team will be revealed via EA Sports’ Twitter account at 10 am ET on Wednesday, and the players will be released into packs at 1 pm the same day.