Dragon Ball Z Kakarot takes you through each of the five sagas of the anime, but there’s plenty of side content to dig into at the same time. Chief among these are substories, optional side quests that you can undertake for the various characters of the Dragon Ball universe. Some of these can be tricky, like the Tough Break for Turtle quest, so here’s how to get great energetic fish in Dragon Ball Z Kakarot.
How to Get Great Energetic Fish (Tough Break for Turtle)
Tough Break for Turtle is a substory that you can take on during the first intermission of the game, right after the Saiyan Saga. It tasks you with collecting a few ingredients for Turtle, the most difficult of which is a Royal Tomato.
Follow the substory marker to a farmer in the southwest mountains and talk to him. He won’t just give you the tomato, unfortunately, as he wants 10 Great Energetic Fish in exchange. Note the name here as they can’t just be Energetic Fish.
Here’s where things get tough as you have no marker to guide you to the fish, but we’re here to help.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Here’s how to get Great Energetic Fish
- Open the world map and fast travel to the Kame Island area.
- Head to the island to the NorthWest of Kame House and look for a pier with a fishing spot. A man nearby will be talking about Great Energetic Fish.
- Now you need to head out above the water and look for flocks of seagulls.
- When you find the flock of seagulls dive into the water below them, and look for yellow sparkles. Most of these will be Great Energetic Fish.
- After you’ve collected all the nearby ones you can keep looking for another flock or simply travel to a new location then back to Kame House to reload the material spawns.
Once you have 10 Great Energetic Fish just head back and get the tomato, then return to Turtle to finish off the quest.
That covers how to get Great Energetic Fish (Tough Break for Turtle) in Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. If you need any other help or walkthroughs, make sure to check out our Dragon Ball Z Kakarot guide wiki. You can also see our interview with the game’s producer, if you want to see more about its development.