The 19th Black Desert Online class has a release date of Jan. 22, Pearl Abyss and Kakao Games announced today. The Guardian is a new female combatant who wields a battleax and shield, using heavy melee attacks to crush her opponents. Pre-registration begins later this month, Dec. 24.
Today’s press release doesn’t mention whether the Jan. 22 date is across all platforms. Previously, new character classes have come to PC first, though.
Guardian’s character description reads:
“The Guardian is a female combatant from the mountains who follows the will of the ancient dragon Omua. This hardened warrior must wade through the turmoil of her fragmented memories and willingly made a pact with the Black Spirit in search of Ynix, the holy flame that could kill even the gods… “
The Guardian uses a variety of skills to control the ebb and flow of the battlefield with wide and powerful strikes of her ax and shield. Some of her most noteworthy skills are:
- Boulder Crush – The Guardian smashes down her battleaxe three times with powerful, rock splitting force dealing massive damage.
- Mountain Slam – The Guardian smashes the ground, causing tremors that deal damage to foes around her.
- Black Blood Circle – The Guardian draws the forces of the earth into her axe to create a circle around her, enemies can enter this circle at their own peril…
- Mutilation – The Guardian charges energy and sweep the foes in front of her of their feet with her battleaxe.
- Black Blood Slaughter – The Guardian releases the charged energy from Mutilation with a powerful blast that deals a high amount of damage.
You can check out the Guardian in a new trailer below.
Elsewhere in BDO, this week also saw another pair of classes receive their Succession skills. The agile Musa and the graceful Maehwa are received these new skills following the Warrior, Ranger, Tamer, and Valkyrie that already received their new skills.
If you’d like to check out footage of the Guardian class in the character creation menu, you can watch it here.