The 1.4 update for Stardew Valley went live earlier this week for Steam and GOG on PC, bringing a huge list of new content and quality of life features.
While the 1.4 update is now out for the PC, Mac, and Linux versions, developer ConcernedApe said in a blog post that console and mobile platforms will receive it “soon.”
The Xbox One version finally received the 1.3 update earlier this month, bringing update parity with all other versions except for the PlayStation Vita.
Major new features in the 1.4 update include “a new end-game mystery, involving an abandoned building,” more character events, fish ponds, Four Corners farm map, double the shed size, and more.
The Stardew Valley update also contains a massive change log with other smaller changes such as:
- Added movie theater unlocked in late game, with related content and features.
- Added Trash Bear to clean up trash around town in year 3+.
- Added hidden subplot if you’ve turned children into doves.
- Junimo Kart has been completely redone and is now actually fun.
- You can now put hats on your children (once they can walk).
- Divorced spouses no longer treat their exes normally during Festivals.
- Made it easier to collect milk/wool from farm animals. Animals now have a larger hitbox, and using shears/pail while facing multiple animals now finds the best match instead of the first one.