Pokemon Sword and Shield marks yet another entry that includes the fan favorite Pokémon Eevee, along with all of its evolutionary options. Not all of them are as simple to get as using an elemental stone though, which is why we’re here to walk you through how to get Umbreonin Pokemon Sword and Shield.
How to Get Umbreon in Pokemon Sword and Shield
First introduced in the series’ second generation, Umbreon remains a fan-favorite even so many years later with the release of Pokemon Sword and Shield. This is thanks to its solid defensive stats, defensive move pool, both of which are made even more useful by its Dark typing and suite of Dark type attacks.
Best of all is that Umbreon is fairly easy to acquire, or at least it is after you know what to do. Simply max out your friendship level with an Eevee and then have it level up during the night time in-game, either through battle or with a rare candy.
How to Increase Eevee’s Friendship Level
Of course, if you don’t know how to increase your Eevee’s friendship level in Pokemon Sword and Shield, you’ll still be stuck without an Umbreon.
Fortunately, we’ve broken down all of the ways you can increase your friendship level fast and easy in the list below:
- If possible, catch a wild Eevee in a Friend Ball.
- Use your Eevee in battle. Having them in battles, and winning with them, will increase your friendship level steadily, as well as increase their level and strength.
- Don’t let them faint. Every time they are knocked out in battle, their friendship level will decrease.
- Interact with them at your camp. This means playing with them regularly, as well as feeding them curry whenever you’re able.
- Give them the Soothe Bell to hold. This item raises the amount of friendship gained by any method, and can be found by talking to the girl in the house to the right of the Hammerlocke Pokémon Center.
That should cover everything there is to know about how to get Umbreon in Pokemon Sword and Shield. For more on the game, check out our guide wiki as well as our guides on hot topics like how to get Dusk Stones and how to get Sun Stones.