If you’re like most Pokemon Sword and Shield players, then chances are you’re out to get every Eevee evolution available to you. That’s why we’re here to walk you through how to get Espeon in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
How to Get Espeon in Pokemon Sword and Shield
A Psychic-type evolution of Eevee introduced in Generation 2, Espeon remains a fan favorite even with the release of Pokemon Sword and Shield. This is thanks not only to its great special stats gained upon evolution, but also its suite of powerful Psychic moves that can be used to bolster its stats and throttle opponents in a flash.
Getting an Espeon is fairly straight-forward too. All you need to do is raise your friendship level with your Eevee until it has been maxed out. Once it has, your Eevee will attempt to evolve, and so long as it’s day time in-game, it’ll evolve into an Espeon.
How to Raise Your Friendship Level With a Pokémon
Of course, this is easier said than done if you don’t know how to raise your friendship level with a Pokémon in Pokemon Sword and Shield.
Fortunately, that too is fairly straightforward. All you have to do is:
- Keep your Pokémon from fainting in battle. If they do, their friendship level with you will decrease, prolonging the process of bringing it up.
- Use them to win battles. The more battles you win with them, the faster their Friendship level will increase.
- Interact with them at your camp. This means playing with them and feeding them curry that they like.
- Give them the Soothe Bell to hold. This will increase the rate at which their Friendship increases from any of the above methods. It can be found by talking to a girl in the house to the right of the Hammerlocke Pokémon Center.
That should cover everything you need to know about how to get Espeon in Pokemon Sword and Shield. For more on the game, check out our guide wiki as well as our guides on hot topics like what the answers to the Fairy type gym’s quiz questions are and how to catch Eternatus.
Time needed: 2 hours.
To sum up how to get Espeon in Pokemon Sword and Shield
- Get Eevee’s friendship to a high level.
Do this by using it in battle, interacting with it at camp, or by giving it a Soothe Bell to hold.
- Then, train Eevee during the day and once it levels up with its friendship maxed out, it’ll evolve into Espeon.