Canadian developer Nine Dots Studio has announced the release of a free game update called The Permadeath, Postgame, and Poutine content patch, which adds new content and game modes to the fantasy survival RPG experience.
News of the update was first revealed earlier this year after Nine Dots celebrated a sales milestone of more than 400,000.
The new content is as follows:
- ·Hardcore mode “Take it to the next level!” you requested it, ok now you’ve got it! With the Permadeath option, when defeated there is a chance players get a defeat scenario, but there is also a chance characters actually die permanently (save game deleted!)
- Hidden Endgame Boss Fights We will say no more at this point, but they are waiting for you!
- Vastly Improved Legacy Chest System
- More End Game items
- Languages, languages and more languages!
- Added the following languages (text only): Polish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Portuguese (Brazil), Turkish
- Addition of an Unarmed attack
- Poutine! The Quebec super food!
There are also numerous bug fixes and performance tweaks included in today’s free update.
CEO of Nine Dots Studio Guillaume Boucher-Vidal said of today’s update:
“I never took for granted that Outward would perform well, but we wanted to trust the players’ ability to learn and adapt. I’m so glad that it paid off and it makes us that much more confident for our future development efforts.”
You can hear Nine Dots detailing the new update in their own words in the below video.