The Outer Worlds is a wacky sci-fi game filled with tons of quirky characters, and tons of weird weapons. While you have your standard pistols and machine guns other weapons, like the Shrink Ray, can have hilarious effects. Of course, you’re probably wondering how to get the Shrink Ray gun in Outer Worlds. We’re here to help.
How to Get Shrink Ray Gun in Outer Worlds
Before you can even think about getting the weapon you’ll first need to get off the first planet of the Outer Worlds, Terra 2. Follow the main questline at Edgewater and get your ship powered up again.
At this point the galaxy map will open up to you, and if you read the computer logs of Captain Hawthorne, in the captain’s quarters, you’ll see mention of some powerful weapons, including the Shrink Ray.
Head to the cockpit and open the galaxy map, then select Phineas’ Laboratory. Once there head up the stairs and into the main laboratory area, where you’ll see Phineas standing straight ahead behind glass.
Look to the right side of where he’s standing and you’ll see the Shrink Ray just sitting there on a table, ripe for the taking. Pick it up and it’s yours. Now you can turn enemies into hilarious mini versions of themselves.
To sum up how to get the Shrink Ray in Outer Worlds.
- Play through the main questline until you leave the starting planet of Terra 2.
- Open the galaxy map from the cockpit and head to Phineas’ Lab.
- Head into the main lab area and look to the right of where Phineas is standing.
- You can find the Shrink Ray sitting on a table, just ripe for the taking.
Now that you know how to get the Shrink Ray in Outer Worlds, you have yet another weapon for your arsenal. If you need any more help, be sure to take a look at our Outer Worlds guide wiki.
In the meantime, here are a few other guides you might want to check out.
- How to Get Shrink Ray Gun
- How to Respec Character & Reset Skill Points
- How to Use Tactical Time Dilation
- How to Increase Carry Capacity & Carry More Items