Niantic has revealed that Slytherin’s Basilisk will be making a limited-time appearance this Halloween in Harry Potter: Wizard’s Unite. The event rounds out a season of spooky activities for players throughout October.
In exchange for Dark Arts Runestones, players will be able to gain entry into a special Harrowing Halloween Chamber in Fortresses, where the slithering serpent lies in wait. But it won’t always appear; the more Dark Arts Runestones used and the higher level they are, the greater the chances of encountering Slytherin’s Basilisk.
The Halloween event is scheduled to run between Wednesday, Oct. 30 at 2 p.m. EST to Friday, Nov. 1 the same time. Here are the full details:
- A limited-time Halloween Special Assignment with exclusive rewards, including a new Title and Badge for your Ministry ID.
- Harrowing Halloween Chamber where Dark Arts Runestones will unlock unique foes including a Dark Witch, a Dark Ministry Official and Slytherin’s Basilisk, all of which grant increased Dark Arts Family XP.
- Increased sightings of Dark Arts Family Traces, as well as Moaning Myrtle and Young Ginny Weasley Traces.
- A free store bundle will be available in the Diagon Alley shop with Dark Arts Runestones and Spell Energy.
- Partner Fortresses grant bonuses, including increased chances of encountering Slytherin’s Basilisk, bonus Dark Arts Family XP, and increased Spell Energy in Chambers level 4 and higher.