Fortnite Chapter 2 has finally kicked off, bringing a whole new leveling system. Gone are the separate Battle Stars and XP systems. Instead, players will now need to earn XP to level up their Battle Pass and get all the cosmetics that await. Here’s how to earn medals, get XP, and level up fast in Fortnite Chapter 2.
How to Level Up Fast in Fortnite Chapter 2
As we mentioned above, Fortnite no longer has a Battle Stars system for leveling up the Battle Pass and an XP as your account level. Instead, it’s just XP that’ll help you rank up your Battle Pass, and this is the only leveling system you need to focus on now.
There are a number of ways you can earn XP in Fortnite Chapter 2 and level up. One way you can do this is by earning medals each game.
How to Get Medals in Fortnite Chapter 2
Medals can be earned by doing all kinds of different things in a game. We’ve listed a handful of them below:
- Battle Medal: Get 1 kill in a game.
- Scavenger Medal: Search 3 Chests, Llamas, or Supply Drops.
- Survivor Medal: Survive to the final 50 players.
- First Match Medal: Compete in your first match of the day.
We also received medals for getting four eliminations in a match, and another for surviving to the final 25 players and final 10 players in a game.
As such, if you simply just survive to the final 10, you can earn three medals in a game of Fortnite Chapter 2. These will all earn you a small amount of XP each time you get one, but there’s a way to make them far more lucrative in Fortnite Chapter 2.
Filling Out the Medal Punchcard
These medals fill up your Medal Punchcard which can be checked from the Lobby screen. There are 10 slots a day, and each medal you earn will net you 2,000 XP.
The fifth and 10th medals you get on a punchcard will grab you 4,000 XP; however so it’s well worth grinding these out each day for an easy 24,000 XP.
Your Medal Punchcard will reset every day, granting you yet another opportunity to get another 24,000 XP. The reset time is 9am ET, 6am PT, 2pm GMT.
How to Get XP & Level Up Fast
- Earning Medals
- Filling Out Medal Punchcard
- Completing Missions
- Doing Things In-Game
Outside of the Medals system, players can also earn XP in a couple of other ways. First and foremost are the Missions. Just as you could earn Battle Stars by completing Missions in previous seasons of Fortnite, you can earn huge chunks of XP by completing these in Chapter 2.
For the ‘New World’ mission, each challenge completed grants 14,000 XP, so it’s certainly worth your time.
The other way to get XP and level up fast in Fortnite Chapter 2 is to simply play the game and do as much as you can in each match that you play. From opening an ammo box to opening a chest and discovering a new named location, literally everything you do in the game will grant you XP.
Here’s a full list of everything we’ve uncovered so far:
- 2000 XP: Named Location Discovered
- 2000 XP: Landmark Discovered
- 280 XP: Battle Medal
- 250 XP: Scavenger Medal
- 105 XP: Early Bird (Get a Legendary item first in your team)
- 85 XP: Eliminated Opponent
- 85 XP: Double Elimination (Eliminate two opponents in quick succession)
- 70 XP: Searched a Chest
- 65 XP: Searched an Ammo Box
- 50 XP: New Storm Circle (Survive to the next storm circle)
- 40 XP: Sniper Specialist (200 Sniper damage in one match)
- 40 XP: Explosives Specialist (150 Explosive damage in one match)
- 40 XP: SMG Specialist (150 SMG damage in one match)
- 40 XP: Upgraded Weapon (An additional 100XP will be granted if you’re first to upgrade in a match)
- 35 XP: Used Fishing Spot
- 25 XP: Headshot
- 20 XP: Knocked Opponent
There you have everything you need to know on how to earn Medals, XP and level up fast in Fortnite Chapter 2. For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out our ever-expanding Fortnite Chapter 2 guide wiki, search for Twinfinite, or give some more of our guides a read down below.