With the drop of the brand new Shadowkeep expansion for Destiny 2, Bungie has also implemented a few changes to some of the game’s systems. This includes the Pinnacle weapons, which were basically Legendary weapons with special Pinnacle perks that made them pretty powerful. Here’s what you need to know about how Pinnacle weapons work in Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, and how the new Ritual weapons will come into play.
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep Pinnacle Weapons Explained
To get straight to the point, Bungie is no longer putting new Pinnacle weapons into Destiny 2. This is because the dev team feels that these weapons had gotten way too powerful (even more so than some Exotic weapons at times), and saw the need to pull them back a little.
In addition to that, some perks have also been nerfed in PvE situations, as listed below:
- Rampage, Kill Clip, Swashbuckler, Multikill Clip, Desperado, Surrounded, Master of Arms, Onslaught
- In general, these perks use the same damage multipliers for PvE that they did in PvP
- The change to Rampage does not affect the Huckleberry
- Onslaught and Desperado now change bullet impact values while active in PvE
- Surrounded no longer multiplies precision damage on top of base damage, as it was benefiting some weapon types more than others as a result
With Destiny 2 Shadowkeep and the Season of the Undying, Pinnacle weapons have now become Ritual weapons. Instead of Pinnacle perks, these Legendaries will now have Curated Rolls that give you a set of perks that are specifically geared towards the PvP or PvE activity you got your weapon from.
In the new expansion, there will be three new Ritual weapons to collect:
- Edgewise (Vanguard): Machine Gun final blows, Solar final blows, score points in Strike playlists
- Rapid-Fire Frame: Deeper ammo reserves. Slightly faster reload when magazine is empty.
- Rampage: Kills with this weapon temporarily grant increased damage. Stacks 3x.
- Randy’s Throwing Knife (Crucible): Scout Rifle final blows, 2,100 Glory, defeat enemies and earn medals
- Rapid-Fire Framge: Fires full auto with deeper ammo reserves. Faster reload when weapon is empty.
- Zen Moment: Causing damage with this weapon increases its stability.
- Exit Strategy (Gambit): 150 SMG multi-kills, earn 125 medals, earn points in Gambit
- Adaptive Frame: A well-rounded grip, reliable and sturdy.
- Swashbuckler: This weapon gains increased damage from melee kills and kills with this weapon.
And that’s pretty much all you need to know about how Pinnacle weapons work in Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, and how to get the new Ritual weapons that have replaced them. Be sure to check our Shadowkeep guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
Here are a few other guides to help get you started: