Destiny 2‘s big new expansion, Shadowkeep, is finally here and it comes with a whole host of new content and weapons to find. To further improve some of weapons you already love, here’s everything you need to know about how to get Ascendant Shards in Destiny 2.
As alluded to above, they are used to further masterwork your weapons once Enhancement Cores and Enhancement Prisms are no longer good enough for the process.
Enhancement Prisms are also new to the game, but Ascendant Shards go a step further and allow you to reach the next stage in the masterwork process. As you’d expect, therefore, they are more expensive than the more basic materials.
How to Get Ascendant Shards in Destiny 2
Thankfully, they’re not that difficult to obtain, with there being a few ways to do so.
Below are the ways to get Ascendant Shards in Destiny 2:
- The rewards you get for completing the Nightfall: The Ordeal have a chance of including them.
- You will be able to purchase Ascendant Shards from The Gunsmith for a price that can change, with it being a variety of currency and resources. They’ll be expensive though, so be prepared.
- You will also be able to get them if you’ve purchased the Season Pass for Shadowkeep through XP rewards.
You are also only able to get 10 Ascendant Shards at any one time, to limit hoarding. Setting the cap at that level also helps new players avoid making the mistake of investing all their resources in something they are yet to understand or require.
As for the exchange rate you can expect for Ascendant Shards, you will get one of them for 10 enhancement prisms, 100 materials, and 50,000 glimmer.
That’s everything you need to know about how to get Ascendant Shards in Destiny 2. For more tips and tricks on the guide, be sure to check out our Shadowkeep wiki guide. We have also listed some other helpful guides on the game down below.
- How to Get All Preorder Bonuses
- Temporarily at Capacity Explained: What It Means, Can You Fix It & More
- When Festival of the Lost Starts & Ends