Hot off the back of its exciting Gamescom 2019 trailer, developer The Farm 51 has released the entire 13-minute, unedited gameplay footage of its upcoming survival horror game Chernobylite, which was shown to journalists at the show.
We get to see an extended look inside “The Heart of Darkness,” the Pripyat power plant where strange, unnatural things are happening.
In Chernobylite, players can explore an accurate digital recreation of the famous nuclear power plant that infamously exploded during the 1980s.
They’ll play the role of a physicist who decided to revisit the area 30 years later to finally face his fears and rescue his beloved, but the unstable power plant and its supernatural inhabitants stand in the way.
The developer recaps the game’s features in a press release sent to Twinfinite:
- Explore a beautiful and horrifyingly accurate 3D-scanned recreation of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone;
- Collaborate or compete with other stalkers in the Zone. But whatever you do, never fully trust them. Remember everybody has a hidden agenda. Always;
- Face and survive natural and supernatural threats;
- Immerse yourself in the thrilling, non-linear science-fiction horror story;
- Make good use of your physics and chemistry knowledge to craft your equipment and manage your supplies;
- Fight against savage creatures pouring out from an alternate reality;
- Investigate and collect data with a set of sophisticated environment and substance-analyzing tools.
Check out the new gameplay footage below:
Chernobylite will launch on Steam following an Early Access period that is scheduled for a fall release.