The new AR mobile game from Niantic, Harry Potter Wizards Unite, is proving to be pretty popular already. Alongside exploring the wizarding world and sending Foundables back to whence they came, you need to craft potions and cast spells. The system of making potions is pretty complex though and includes something called Master Notes. So that you can take advantage of them, here’s all the Master Notes in Harry Potter Wizards Unite and everything you need to know about how to use them.
All Master Notes in Harry Potter Wizards Unite & What They Do
How to Craft Potions
To make potions that will help you in battle and when you try to catch Foundables, you first need to click on the briefcase option at the bottom of the main screen in Wizards Unite. Then, selecting the Potions option that appears will take you to a cauldron.
When you press the boxes at the bottom of this screen, you’ll be able to choose what potion you want to craft, with each one having different required ingredients. Selecting craft will then add them to the sequence that crafts over time.
Many of them take multiple hours to complete, but you can speed them up in a few ways. One way of doing so is by paying for them using Gold Coins, that you can buy from the store section of Wizards Unite, and the other is by using Master Notes.
What Master Notes Are
Master Notes are codes of sorts that you need to input to reduce the potion crafting time by 15%. Each recipe has a different Master Note that you need to use, with the more complex recipes requiring more complex notes.
The code is similar to spells you cast in the game, but rather than using a wand you make movements in the cauldron in the potions section using the wooden spoon that is there.
The first three times you want to speed up the crafting time of a potion, you’ll have to input the Master Note sequence manually by remembering or searching it, but after that the game remembers it for you to input.
How to Use Them
First of all, you need to click on the wooden spoon that’s in the cauldron, once you begun the crafting of a potion. Once you’ve done that, the screen will focus in on the cauldron and some boxes with question marks will appear at the top of the screen.
The boxes refer to moves that you need to do with the spoon to activate the Master Note that reduces crafting time by 15%. All you need to do is draw the line or do the right input with your finger in the correct sequence for how many boxes there are.
Once you’ve done it successfully, the time remaining on the craft will reduce and so will the Gold Coins price to finish it quickly. Since it’s done by a percentage, the best thing to do is input the Master Note as soon as you start the crafting process, otherwise you’re wasting time.
You’ll know that you’re inputting the sequence correctly because each one will see the cauldron sparkle and the box at the top of the screen will fill in with the movement you did.
All Master Notes
Below are all the sequences you need to input into the caldron for each potion type. Of course, you won’t be able to use them all straight away as some of potion recipes don’t unlock until you hit one of the higher levels in Harry Potter Wizards Unite.
- Exstimulo Potion – swipe up, swipe up, clockwise 360 loop
- Baruffio’s Brain Elixir – clockwise loop, pinch inwards horizontally, swipe right, swipe right, pinch outwards vertically, shake phone
- Healing Potion – pinch outwards vertically, clockwise loop, tap cauldron in order (top left, bottom left, middle right), pinch inwards horizontally
- Invigoration Draught – swipe right, swipe up, swipe up, pinch outwards vertically
- Strong Exstimulo Potion – swipe up, swipe up, anti-clockwise loop, clockwise loop
- Strong Invigoration Draught – swipe right, swipe up, swipe up, swipe up, pinch outwards vertically, pinch outwards vertically
- Dawdle Draught – shake phone, clockwise loop, anti-clockwise loop, anti-clockwise loop, pinch inwards horizontally
- Potent Exstimulo Potion – swipe up, swipe right, swipe up, anti-clockwise loop, clockwise loop, anti-clockwise loop
- Wit Sharpening – pinch upwards vertically, swipe up, swipe up, tap cauldron in order (top left, bottom left, middle right)
That’s it for all the Master Notes in Harry Potter Wizards Unite and everything you need to know about how to use them. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to check out our Wizards Unite wiki guide.