With the arrival of Fortnite’s v9.30 patch, players have got yet another new item to try out in the Battle Royale game mode. It’s not a weapon this time, though. Instead, Chug Splash is a healable item that is sure to help players out when playing the team-based modes such as Duos and Squads when they find themselves in a pinch. Here’s everything you need to know about Chug Splash.
What Does Chug Splash Do in Fortnite?
Let’s start off with the most obvious question you’ve probably got. Chug Splash is a new heal item that, once thrown, can heal all players within a certain area. When it lands, the Chug Splash item splashes a liquid in a small radius. All players within that radius will instantly be granted 20 Health or Shield.
If you’re not at full Health, you’ll get a 20-point top-up to your Health. On the other hand, if you’ve got a full green bar of Health in Fortnite, the Chug Splash will reward you with 20 Shield instead.
It’s worth noting, however, that the Chug Splash item’s effects aren’t just limited to those on your team. Literally any player within the splash radius will be granted the 20-point buff to either Health or Shield. As such, you’re probably going to want to try and make sure there are no enemies nearby, or better yet, just wait until you know for sure you and your team are alone.
Chug Splash Stats, Rarity, Stack Size & More
Of course, with the introduction of a new item, players will want to know all the usual information regarding how many you can stack, what rarity it is, and how it can be obtained. We’ve listed all of this information down below for you.
- Rare Rarity (Blue)
- Drops in Stacks of 2
- Max Stack Size: 6
- Can be found from: Floor Loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Llamas.
Tips for Using Fortnite’s Chug Splash
Where we normally have a few tips for using new weapons in Fortnite, the Chug Splash is a fairly straightforward item. That doesn’t mean we’re completely devoid of little tips and tricks for using it, however. Check them out down below.
- Use the blue reticle and arc when aiming your Chug Splash to ensure the splash radius is going to cover yourself or your targeted teammate. The last thing you want to do is go about wasting one because you rushed your throw. Make sure you’re safe from enemy fire and then ensure the blue circle at the end of the arc is landing right on the feet of your teammate.
- As we mentioned before, you want to try and keep Chug Splash usage to times when you know that just you and your teammates are around, or at least that an enemy isn’t going to get caught in the splash radius. An additional 20 hit points on an enemy you’re trying to eliminate could just give them the edge to eliminate you.
We’ll update this post with more tips for using this new item if we come across any.
That’s everything you need to know about using the new Chug Splash item in Fortnite. For more tips, tricks, and guides, be sure to check out our ever-expanding Season 9 guide wiki. We’ve also included some handy Fortbyte guides down below in case you’re catching up on the most recent ones.
- Fortbyte 58: Accessible Using Sad Trombone Emote at North End of Snobby Shores
- Fortbyte 14: Found Within an RV Park
- Fortbyte 02: Found At a Location Hidden Within Loading Screen 6
- Fortbyte 30: Found Somewhere Between Haunted Hills & Pleasant Park