Starting this week, Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia players will be able to recruit Rinoa Heartilly in a timed exclusive event titled Where To Go.
Series fans will recognize Rinoa as the female lead from Final Fantasy VIII, and is easily one of the most popular characters in the franchise. With the new Opera Omnia event, players can recruit her, and make use of her powerful abilities with Angelo the dog.
As you might expect, playing Rinoa requires you to make smart use of Angelo. According to Square Enix, Angelo can grant BRV and provide healing when necessary.
For instance, the Angelo Cannon ability gives Rinoa the Angelo Recover buff, which allows her to restore a bit of HP and BRV each turn. Square Enix also mentioned that Cannon can be used pretty liberally, making it particularly useful in longer battles.
Ultimately, though, you’ll want to build up to Rinoa’s powerful Angel Wing status, which gives her serious BRV attack and HP attack boosts. Because these boosted versions consume her HP, you’ll want to use it in conjunction with Angelo Cannon.
Here are some more details about each of Rinoa’s abilities in Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia:
- Angelo Recover buff: Restores HP, BRV each turn.
- BRV Attack+ (Angelo): Grants BRV to the party equal to 40% of Rinoa’s ATK stat. (70% with passive “With a Loyal Companion” active)
- HP Attack+ (Angelo): Grants BRV to Rinoa equal to 10% of her MAX BRV before the HP attack. (can reach 30% with passives “Angelo Cannon Extension” and “With a Loyal Companion” equipped)
With the level 55 crystal passive “Angelo Cannon Extension” equipped:
- 2 additional uses of Angelo Cannon
- Angelo Cannon’s BRV attack hit count becomes 3, deals moderately increased cumulative BRV damage, can exceed MAX BRV up to 120%, and moderately restores Rinoa’s HP based on HP damage dealt (up to 20% of own MAX HP)
- BRV Attack+ (Angelo) deals slightly more BRV damage
- HP Attack+ (Angelo) grants slightly more BRV based on MAX BRV (10% increase)
With the weapon “Pinwheel (VIII)” or passive “With a Loyal Companion” equipped:
- Angelo Cannon deals more BRV damage
- Angelo Recover lasts 2 turns longer and recovers more HP, BRV each turn
- BRV Attack+ (Angelo) grants more BRV to party based on ATK (30% increase)
- HP Attack+ (Angelo) grants more BRV based on MAX BRV (10% increase)
Grants Angel Wing for 3 turns and cancels Angelo Recover. Can act again immediately after use without adding to turn count (except in summon or as a support character).
With Angel Wing active:
- BRV Attack becomes BRV Attack+ (Angel Wing)
- HP Attack becomes HP Attack+ (Angel Wing)
- Angel Wing effect: Increases ATK by 80% and MAX BRV by 60%, but lowers DEF by 80%.
- BRV Attack+ (Angel Wing): 5-hit magic BRV attack. Consumes 10% HP on use.
- HP Attack+ (Angel Wing): 3-hit magic BRV attack and HP attack. Consumes 20% HP on use.
With the level 60 crystal passive “Angel Wing Extension” equipped:
- Using Angel Wing grants BRV to Rinoa based on INT BRV.
- BRV Attack+ (Angel Wing) deals tremendously more BRV damage.
- HP Attack+ (Angel Wing) deals tremendously more BRV damage and may exceed MAX BRV up to 150%.
With the weapon “Valkyrie (VIII)” or passive “Beautiful Wings” equipped:
- Using Angel Wing raises Rinoa’s ATK and MAX BRV by 30% for 8 turns with the ATK Up I and MAX BRV Up I buffs.
- BRV Attack+ (Angel Wing) deals more BRV damage.
- HP Attack+ (Angel Wing) deals more BRV damage, and deals 50% HP damage to non-targets.
Angel Wing Meteor
Rinoa must be equipped with the weapon “Rising Sun (VIII)” or the passive “Sorceress’s Successor” in order to use Angel Wing Meteor.
- 3-hit group magic BRV attack and group HP attack, delivered 3 times.
- BRV hits distributed based on number of enemies, and HP damage is split equally.
- Grants Angel Wing for 3 turns and cancels Angelo Recover.
- With 1 Limit Break on Rising Sun (VIII), Angel Wing Meteor deals slightly more damage.
- With 2 Limit Breaks on Rising Sun (VIII), Angel Wing Meteor raises Rinoa’s ATK and MAX BRV by 60% for 8 turns with the ATK Up II and MAX BRV Up II buffs.
- With 3 Limit Breaks on Rising Sun (VIII), slightly raises recast speed of Angel Wing Meteor.
Square Enix has also released a batch of screenshots, which you can check out in the gallery down below.
Rinoa’s event will be made available in Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia from June 27 to July 11.