Rockstar Games is ramping up its efforts with Red Dead Online. Hot on the heels of last week’s substantial update comes a new content drop which includes new Free Roam missions featuring familiar characters Sadie Adler and the gunslinger Black Belle.
For those playing on Sony hardware, there’s early access to try out the new Ancient Tomahawk weapon, two new Showdown Modes in the form of Make It Count: Ancient Tomahawk and Last Stand, along with early access to the new Perlino Andalusian Horse, new horse equipment, clothing and emotes.
Elsewhere, this week any Red Dead Online player will receive a 25% increase in payouts across all A Land of Opportunity Missions, Free Roam Missions, Showdown Modes, Races and Free Roam Events, while players that join a posse will earn 5 bonus Gold Bars along with bonus RDO$ and XP while playing together.
Let’s break down the full list of new content and updates announced today for Red Dead Online.
Free Roam Missions
- Ride out to the Adler Ranch in Ambarino or search out the infamous gunslinger Black Belle in Lemoyne for new Free Roam Missions to play in Red Dead Online for both PS4 and Xbox One.
Early Access Content
- Early Access content for players on PlayStation 4 including the devastating Ancient Tomahawk along with a new Make It Count: Ancient Tomahawk Showdown Mode. There’s also Last Stand, a bloody free-for-all Showdown Mode with no way out, no second chances and one winner.
- PlayStation 4 players will also get early access to the new Perlino Andalusian Horse and new horse equipment, clothing and emotes.
- The Clothing section of the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue has new options on offer, including the Wescott Skirt, Valdez Vest, Citadel Boots, and limited stock of the Plaid Cap.
- In addition to 25% RDO$ and Gold increased payouts for all A Land of Opportunities Missions, Free Roam Missions, Showdown Modes, Races, and Free Roam Events – playing in a Posse this week at any point will earn you 5 bonus Gold Bars.
- There are a number of benefits to playing in a Posse beyond this week’s 5 bonus Gold Bars, including bonus RDO$ and XP when playing together, and the ability to bring an entire Posse into Free Roam Events, Competitive Challenges, or Showdown Series.
- Rockstar Games continues “to work behind the scenes to address overall game stability and performance with recent fixes including closing some duplication exploits, resolving issues related to reduced numbers of animals in sessions, updating Defensive mode to revert Playing Style to Offensive and apply a Hostility penalty when stealing cargo from another player’s horse and more.”
We’re expecting a continued focus on supporting Red Dead Online, especially after publisher Take-Two Interactive announced earlier this month that the game had shipped nearly 24 million units.