Cyber Shadow, a retro-inspired action platformer being published by Yacht Club Games and developed by Mechanical Head Studios, was announced today in a flashy trailer showing off its 8-bit visual style and ninja protagonist. There’s no release date at the moment, but the game will come to Switch, PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Yacht Club Games, the developers behind the Shovel Knight games, have aided the development of Cyber Shadow for over a year, with Aarne Hunziker of Mechanical Head Studios working on the game for many years before their involvement.
Here is the game’s official description:
“The world has been taken over by synthetic lifeforms. A desperate plea for help sets Shadow on a journey to uncover what started the path to perpetual ruin. Slash through the techno hordes, leap past traps, and nimbly navigate the ruins of Mekacity.”
And here are the game’s key features:
- Dash, slice, and leap through masterfully designed levels filled with sharply honed ninja platforming action.
- Authentic 8-bit presentation with hand-crafted sprites, a detailed pixel aesthetic, and perfect controls. Modern touches like fluid animation, multi-layered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design.
- Take down more than a dozen apocalyptic bosses, from enormous war machines to your synthetic clan rivals.
- Relive the authenticity of classic 8-bit challenge or experience it for the first time.. with an added convenience or two.
- Rescue your clan to unlock permanent Ninjutsu skills and abilities, combining them seamlessly as only the warrior of legend could.
- Search for secrets as you explore the ruined world. Return to your old haunts to find supplies, items and upgrades.
- Experience the gripping story, told both in-game and through animated cinematic story scenes between the action. Who can be trusted? How far will Shadow go to protect his clan and the one he loves?
- Pulse-pounding soundtrack by Enrique Martin, produced by Jake Kaufman.
Cyber Shadow will cost $14.99, and you can currently sign up for a pre-order on the game’s website. The game will release on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC.
You can watch the announcement trailer here: