Today, British publisher PQube released a new trailer of its upcoming visual novel Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa.
The trailer showcases the title’s puzzle gameplay, that will let players ideally “strip” the characters of their lies, with accompanying sensual imagery. Interestingly, this can be done with characters of both genders for some bipartisan fanservice.
Here’s some official info on the feature:
- Gather clues by talking to the members of Fujisawa Academy. Collecting clues will enable you to challenge the students.
- The more clues you collect, the more you will level the elements in your puzzle battles.
- In battles, line up matches and combos to score against your opponent – filling their ‘Happy Gauge’.
- Fill the gauge completely before your moves are used up to defeat your opponent.
- Filling sections of the gauge will strip a layer of clothes from your opponent and replenish your moves!
- Score big combos to unlock more devastating powers!
- Earn Challenge Points by matching attributes that a character is more susceptible to.
- Spend your Challenge Points to Slime, Feather, Shock or Ice your opponent into giving you more moves!
- Challenge incorrectly and feel the wrath of Hindrance Attacks – a target’s signature move that will make your opponent tougher to beat.
- Strip your target completely naked to win the battle and expose their lies!
The player can also enter “fantasize mode” in the bedroom in order to practice the gameplay and to unlock alternate underwear sets for the whole cast.
You can check out the trailer below. If you want to learn more, you can also enjoy our interview with PQube marketing manager Geraint Evans.
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of the Fujisawa will launch on May 31 in Europe and on June 4 in North America for PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.