Destiny 2 players are currently enjoying the Season of the Forge, which launched along with the Black Armory expansion a couple months ago. As the season winds down, though, Bungie has just announced that they’ll be making some changes to the popular Gambit mode in preparation for the next season, titled Season of the Drifter.
It’s also very fitting, considering the fact that the Drifter is the host of Destiny 2’s Gambit mode.
For starters, the third round in Gambit will no longer be a regular round, and will instead be changed to a Primeval sudden death mode. This will help speed up matches, and not cause them to drag on for too long as some Gambit matches tend to do so currently.
Invader spawn points have also been tweaked, and changes will be implemented to prevent idle players from getting rewards at the end of the match. Here are the full details:
- Changed the third round of Gambit to a Primeval rush sudden death. This will speed up Gambit matches overall and add a change of pace to the final round.
- Overhauled how we choose the invader spawn location and increased the number of invader spawn points for each map. This should greatly reduce the chances of spawning very near or in direct line of sight of an enemy Guardian.
- Implemented Idle Protection which means that players that remain dormant for too long will not receive end-of-match rewards or Infamy points.
- The Triumph “Light vs. Light” can now be progressed by killing any Guardian using a Super, not just invaders. This makes attaining the Dredgen title a less daunting task.
- Adjustments to Blocker types by deposit tier:
- Small Blocker = Taken Goblin with less health than the previous Phalanx.
- Medium Blocker = Taken Captain with more health than the previous Knight.
- Large Blocker = Taken Knight with more health than the previous Ogre.
Destiny 2 is now available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.