Simon Hellwig, Owner and Managing Director of Kalypso, expressed his feelings on the current status of the game and mentions that Tropico 6 isn’t where he wants it to be, just yet:
“I have played Tropico 6 for many hours and really liked what I saw. But, in my humble opinion, it is not enough to like a game – I want to love it! And Tropico 6 is good, but not very good, or outstanding. Yet.”
With his opinion on the game and from the fans that have checked out the beta, this slight delay seems necessary to give Tropico 6 a bigger push in the right direction:
“Combining my own opinion and the response we had from thousands of dedicated beta players around the world, Kalypso has decided to postpone the release of the game for another couple of months to March 29, 2019.”
The awesome thing that has come from this delay though is that Calypso is offering the first DLC pack for the game for no charge at all for those that pre-order the game before 7 p.m. (CET) Jan 10, 2019, via the Kalypso Shop, Steam, and other digital platforms. This DLC is planned to release sometime in Q2 of 2019, so if you’re a big Tropico fan, be sure to grab this deal while you can.
If you would like to read the entire statement from Hellwig, you can read the blog post right here.
Here’s a quick round-up of all of the new features that will be present in the upcoming construction simulator that is Tropico 6, courtesy of the publisher, Kalypso:
- Play on large archipelagos for the first time in the series. Manage multiple islands at the same time and adapt to various new challenges.
- Send your agents on raids to foreign lands to steal world wonders and monuments, to add them to your collection.
- Build bridges, construct tunnels and transport your citizens and tourists in taxis, buses and aerial cable cars. Tropico 6 offers completely new transportation and infrastructure possibilities.
- Customize the looks of your palace at will and choose from various extras.
- Tropico 6 features a revised research system focusing on the political aspects of being the world’s greatest dictator.
- Election speeches are back! Address the people and make promises that you can’t possibly keep.
- Tropico 6 features multiplayer for up to 4 players.
Tropico 6 is set to launch on Mar 29 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The game is also planned to release for PS4 and Xbox One towards the latter half of the year.