The long-awaited seventh FIFA 19 patch has finally arrived and it addresses a few of the game’s biggest issues, including the effectiveness of timed finesse shots and manual goalkeeper movement.
The patch is already available on PC and will come to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime during the next few days. It’ll be interesting to see if the changes are truly noticeable in game, because some of the changes included in previous patches haven’t be effective.
Timed Finesse shots are the focus of the new patch, addressing “an issue where a timed finesse shot would always have less error than a non-timed finesse shot, even in situations where the timed finesse shot was red or yellow.”
In the full Pitch Notes article breakdown, EA Sports simulates how timed finesse shots would work before and after the patch.
Other gameplay issues that the new patch is set to fix are:
- The shot error on yellow and red timed finesse shots.
- The Timed Finishing window, making it difficult to execute a green shot.
- Reduced shot error when aiming at the near post.
- Goalkeeper movement speed when being controlled by manual movement was reduced.
- Goalkeepers will now maintain a ready posture when being controlled by manual movement.
The patch has also fixed some issues in Career Mode and Pro Clubs, including the schedule issue in Career Mode.
FIFA 19’s Patch 7 is available on PC now and will come to PS4 and Xbox One soon.