Today Idea Factory International announced a release date for the Nintendo Switch version of Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force.
Until now we knew it would come this month, but today we learn that the game will launch digitally on the Nintendo eShop on Jan. 17.
The Switch version will also be equipped with a whopping 25 DLC that were included in the original version for PS4 right out of the box. The European version will be published by Ghostlight Games.
On top of the release date, we also get a refresher on the battle system:
Players will need to be aware and strategize the following actions you’ll need to make during battle: the Action Window, Attack, Wait, and Command. The move sets chosen will ultimately effect the overall turn order shown on the Action Window. Within the Command option, players will have five options to choose from:
- Skills/Magic – Use your SP to use special attacks, heal HP, or other command buffs to help Fang and the gang through tough battles. Note that some skills require HP to use.
- Items – Utilize items wisely to heal HP/SP, remove status effects, and revive party members that are knocked out.
- Special – Each character possesses their own Special command with unique effects. “Fang’s Serious Face” Special, increases his attack power by 1.5x, while “Pippin’s Persuade,” if successful, will make Pippin attempt to “negotiate” with the enemy and drive them away.
- Switch – This allows players to swap in reserve party members (Have up to 6 party members on the field!)
- Fairize – Once your Tension Gauge reaches a certain level, characters can Fairize, which transforms your characters into powerful beings! During their Fairize state, a character’s attack and defense becomes much stronger. Players, however, must take caution of the Tension Gauge as characters will be forced out of the Fairize state once the gauge gets too low.
The price for Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force will be $39.99, but those who will purchase the title within two weeks from launch will be able to enjoy a 20% discount.
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force was initially released for PS4 and PC respectively in 2015 and 2017, and it’s an expanded version of JRPG for PS3 Fairy Fencer F, originally released in 2013. Among other things, the game is known for the art by Yoshitaka Amano and an army of waifus to interact with.
If you want to learn more about Fairy Fencer F, you can read our review from all the way back in 2014.