How to Catch Pokemon in Pokemon Let’s Go
One of the biggest changes that have come to Pokemon Let’s Go that differentiates it from every mainline Pokemon game that has come before it is the removal of random battle encounters. Here’s everything you need to know about how to catch Pokemon in Pokemon Let’s Go.
Rather than wandering through the grass with the chance of coming across a wild Pokemon, you can see them at all time moving around in the grass as you explore. However, when you begin to interact with the creatures, you’ll only be able to catch them, using the motion controls that you’ve learned from the popular mobile game.
To catch them in the new games, all you need to do is follow these simple steps.
- First of all, simply walk up to creatures you see wandering around in the wild.
- Then, when they appear on screen and you can see the colored circle around them, choose the ‘get ready’ option to prepare a Poke Ball.
- Next, if you’re in handheld mode, you need to move the system a little to the center the camera on the Pokemon you are trying to catch. You then need to press A to throw the ball.
- If you’re using a Poke Ball Plus device or Joy-Cons, you will need to perform a throwing motion. If you hold the Joy-Con horizontally to the screen, then pull it towards you, and then forward again, the ball should fly towards whatever you’re trying to catch.
- Finally, once you’ve hit the ‘mon with the ball, it will shake up to three times. If it does so three times, and then shines brightly, you’ve caught it successfully.
It all works in a similar way to the mobile game, with the circle changing color depending on how difficult it is to catch. Also, if you hit the center of the circle, you’ll be more likely to catch it. You can also feed it Razz Berries to make it easier to catch, or use a better ball such as a Great Ball, which you get later in the game.
That’s everything you need to know about how to catch Pokemon in Pokemon Let’s Go. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to check out our Pokemon Let’s Go wiki guide. We have also listed some other helpful guides down below to get you started.