Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee was bound to be at least somewhat of a success on the Switch, but it looks like the latest entry in the franchise has been performing well in Japan. Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee sold 661,240 units within their first three days at retail, according to the latest Media Create Sales for 11/12-11/18.
This number comes up just short of Splatoon 2’s first three days sales which, by comparison, sold 670,955. This makes Pokemon Let’s Go the second fastest selling Switch exclusive.
This also clearly had an effect on hardware sales, as the Switch sold 200,850 units, more than all other systems combined during the same period. Fallout 76 managed to come in second with a much lower number of 73,489. Shockingly, Splatoon 2 is also still tracking on the sales charts with 7,992 units making for a grand total of 2,698,886 in Japan alone.
Although Pokemon Let’s Go’s first three-day sales are impressive, it remains to be seen if the games will have the same kind of legs that titles like Splatoon 2 or Super Mario Odyssey do. The sheer popularity of Pokemon is clear, however, and it’s a nice shot in the arm for the Switch heading into the holidays, which also has the huge release of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate looming on the horizon. Below you’ll find the full chart for Media Create software sales, followed by the hardware sales.
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! – Switch – 661,240/New
- Fallout 76 – PS4 – 73,489/New
- Super Mario Party – Switch – 20,942/345,627
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – PS4 – 17,159/460,890
- Hitman 2 – PS4 – 10,62/New
- Luigi’s Mansion – 3DS – 9,32/36,689
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 9,319/1,836,63
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – PS4 – 8,120/192,181
- Splatoon 2 – Switch – 7,992/2,698,886
- Minecraft – Switch – 7,449/365,347
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Switch – 6,215/1,159,398
- Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs: Hot Water Labyrinth – PS4 – 5,025/New
- Super Mario Odyssey – Switch – 3,990/1,845,682
- Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon – 3DS – 3,493/1,760,304
- Marvel’s Spider-Man – PS4 – 3,134/305,030
- Kirby Star Allies – Switch – 2,958/642,205
- RPG Maker MV Trinity – Switch – 2,641/New
- Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun! – Switch – 2,181/225,417
- RPG Maker MV Trinity – PS4 – 2,090/New
- Shiro to Kuro no Alice: Twilight Line – PS Vita 2,087/2New
- Switch: 200,850
- PS4: 8,922
- PS4 Pro: 8,867
- New 2DS XL 4,189
- PS Vita: 1,877
- New 3DS XL: 1,788
- 2DS: 622
- Xbox One X: 119
- Xbox One: 45
Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee are currently available on Nintendo Switch.