Hold on to your horse’s folks, the latest UK retail sales figures for the week ending on Oct 27 have been released and it’s no surprise, but Red Dead Redemption 2 has taken the number one spot after being out for only two days during that period. Unfortunately, it couldn’t surpass the immense popularity of FIFA 19, which is indeed, the biggest launch of the year.
According to MCV, the launch of Red Dead Redemption 2 sold about double than what its predecessor did back in 2010 with 68% of sales going to the PS4 version. Also, this sales data is only for the physical retail copies of Red Dead 2 and not digital, meaning that this sequel probably sold way more than double its predecessor when looking at it that way.
Here’s the top ten list of games that ranked for the week; if you would like to see the top 40, you can look at that right here.
Top Ten Video Games in the UK for the Week of Oct 21-27 Courtesy of GFK Chart-Track (via MCV)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – Rockstar San Diego
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – Treyarch
- Fifa 19 – EA Canada
- Forza Horizon 4 – Playground Games
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Ubisoft
- Marvel’s Spider-Man – Insomniac Games
- Lego DC Super-Villains – Traveller’s Tales
- Super Mario Party – ND Cube
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider – Eidos Montreal
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy – Vicarious Visions
Red Dead Redemption 2 is out now for PS4 and Xbox One; you can check our review for the game right here as well as our ever-expanding wiki guide.