Our World is Ended, a visual novel about video game characters coming into the real world, is being released in North America and Europe on Switch, PS4 and PC in 2019, announced publisher PQube. The game was previously only available in Japan on the PS Vita. A new trailer was released to coincide with the announcement, which you can see down below.
According to the game’s website, Our World is Ended follows a team of developers called Judgement 7 as they work on a new game engine named the W.O.R.L.D program. Using an augmented reality headset, this program “changes the landscape in real time.” While using the headset, one of the team members sees an image of a destroyed cityscape and discovers that the characters from their previous games have breached into the real world. Now, the team must fight to “bring the world back.”
Here are some of the game’s features:
- An Engaging Story with Lovable Characters: Meet the wild bunch that is Judgement 7, a team of eccentric game developers, trapped between reality and the game world where simple glitches can have devastating consequences!
- Visit Iconic Tokyo Landmarks: Set in a perfect recreation of the popular Asakusa district, Our World is Ended takes players to some of the most eminent places of Japan’s capital city.
- Outstanding Production Value: Talented and renown voice actors as well as gorgeous visuals rendered in a unique art style turn this sci-fi story into an unforgettable journey.
- The Interactive Selection of Soul System: Whenever Reiji gets flustered, the S.O.S system will be triggered. His emotions will flow onto the screen before vanishing. Quickly react to see how your choice will affect the dialogues.
- Over 40 Hours of Gameplay: The deep narrative and plentiful conversation options make for a lengthy visual novel full of humor and otaku subculture references!
This release of Our World is Ended will also feature both English and Japanese text support, according to a translation from Gematsu. To read more about the game, visit the game’s website or follow PQube on twitter.
While you wait for Our World is Ended to release next year, check out our list of the top 15 PC visual novels of all time.