How to Complete All Fortnite Season 6 Week 2 Challenges
Fortnite Season 6 has officially begun, bringing Pets, a floating island, and Shadow Stones that can be consumed in the new Corrupted Areas across the map. There’s a ton of new content to dive into on top of the compelling battle royale gameplay. Well, the Fortnite Season 6 week 2 challenges have arrived, offering up yet another 50 Battle Stars and 4,000 XP for those who complete them (or just four of them for the XP).
To give you a helping hand completing all of the Fortnite Season 6 week 2 free challenges, we’ve broken them down one by one below. We’ve provided tips on how to complete them, as well as the direct locations you’ll need to head to or weapons you’ll need to use for each one. So, without further ado, let’s dive into all of Fortnite’s Season 6 week 2 challenges.
Fortnite Season 6 Week 2 Free Challenges
- Visit all of the Corrupted Areas (7) – The Corrupted Areas are those large purple dots you’ll see all over your map. They are also the places that the cube stopped at and left those rune markings on the ground in Fortnite Season 5. They’re pretty easy to track down yourself by looking on the map, but you can check out our guide on all Corrupted Areas locations. It’s also worth keeping in mind, you don’t have to do all of these in a single match, so this is incredibly easy if you just land at each one at the start of your games.
- Use a Shadow Stone in Different Matches (3) – This one’s as simple as the one above. In fact, you’ll probably be able to complete two Fortnite Season 6 week 2 challenges at the same time. Shadow Stones are the small, baby cubes, if you will, that you’ll find at the Corrupted Areas in Fortnite Season 6. They’re easy enough to see and glow purple, so you can spot them from afar. All you need to do is go over to one, hold Square on PS4, X on Xbox One, or E on PC, and you’ll use a Shadow Stone. We’ve got information on exactly what Shadow Stones do, in case you haven’t heard of this new addition in the game yet. Search for Shadow Stones as you’re visiting the Corrupted Areas for the first challenge, and you can tick these both off at the same time.
- Stage 1: Deal Damage with Standard Assault Rifles to Opponents (200) – This one we’re still trying to figure out the specifics for you. Exactly what the challenge means by Standard Assault Rifles isn’t clear. Is that just the usual grey, green, and blue Assault Rifles and the usual Scars, or does that include Burst variants too? Either way, you’re looking at roughly two eliminations solely from Assault Rifle damage and you’ll have the first stage of the last of the free Fortnite Season 6 Week 2 challenges done.
Fortnite Season 6 Week 2 Battle Pass Challenges
- Eliminate an opponent from at least 50m away – For this one, you’re going to want to avoid using shotguns or SMGs, due to their limited range. You’re far better off opting for something like a hunting rifle or standard assault rifle. Even a scoped assault rifle can be particularly useful for picking off unsuspecting enemies in solos. If you feel you may need to up the distance between yourself and the target, always remember you can build up. The added elevation can make for a greater distance than if both you and your opponent are on the floor.
- Deal damage with Pistols to opponents (500) – 500 damage with pistols will take some time, especially after the revolver was one of the vaulted weapons at the start of Fortnite Season 6. You’re going to need to use Dual Pistols, the usual Pistols, or the Hand Cannons in order to rack up the damage to opponents for this challenge. You can rack up easy pistol damage for this challenge by heading into the Soaring 50s, Duos, or Squads mode. Carry a pistol around with you at all times, and use it to finish off downed enemies. That’s about 100 damage each time!
- SMG Eliminations (3) – There’s not really a whole lot that needs to be said about this. You can use any rarity of the current Submachine Gun, or the Compact SMG for this challenge. They’re incredibly effective at close range, with a high DPS that makes it a solid alternative to the shotgun. Don’t bother trying to pick off players at distance with these, as damage drop-off is a killer. Again, heading into a duos, squads, or Soaring 50s game is an easy way to get SMG eliminations by simply finishing off opponents you’ve downed with a different weapon.
- Stage 1: Deal Damage with Hunting Rifles to Opponents (200) – Because apparently we needed another ‘Deal Damage’ with a specific weapon type kind of challenge this week. As if three wasn’t enough already. Still, this is just stage one of this final one of the Fortnite Season 6 week 2 challenges. You’ll need to first accrue 200 damage with Hunting Rifles, which, if you’ve got the blue variant and manage to land a headshot, you can get in a single 225-damage dealing hit.
And there you have all the information we can give you to help complete all Fortnite Season 6 week 2 challenges. Is there anything else you could do with an extra hand with? Let us know in the comments below and we’ll be sure to do our best to get you an answer. Alternatively, check out our comprehensive Fortnite Season 6 wiki for more, tips, tricks, and information.