How to Get Fortnite Pets & What They Do
One of the headline new additions coming as part of Fortnite Season 6 are Pets. While they had been speculated on for a couple of days prior to the release of the official version 6 patch notes today, Fortnite Pets are now officially a thing. If you’re the same as us, though, you’ve probably got one question. Where do pets fit into the battle royale action? Well, here’s how to get Fortnite pets and what they do.
How to Get Pets in Fortnite Season 6
First things first, let’s run you through how to get pets in Fortnite Season 6. In order to get Fortnite pets, you’ll need to purchase the Season 6 Battle Pass. This will cost you 950 V-Bucks, and you can purchase 1,000 V-Bucks for $9.99 from Fortnite’s in-game store. Once you’ve got your V-Bucks, simply make your way to the Battle Pass screen, and use the on-screen button prompt to purchase the Battle Pass.
You’re not just going to get Fortnite pets for simply buying the Battle Pass, though. You’ll need to level your Battle Pass up by completing daily challenges and weekly challenges. Another way to quickly level your Battle Pass up is to grab the secret battle stars each time you complete a whole set of weekly challenges. The week 1 secret star location is pretty easy to find, too!
All Battle Pass Tier Levels to Get Pets in Fortnite Season 6
- Level 12 – Reaching level 12 in the Battle Pass will get you Bonesy the Dog.
- Level 29 – Reach level 29, and you’ll net yourself the impressive Camo the Chameleon.
- Level 43 – The last of the Fortnite pets types you can get is Scaled the dragon, unlocked by reaching level 43 in the Season 6 Battle Pass.
- Level 59 – You’ll get a new variation of Bonesy in white. Reach level 59 to snag this one.
- Level 74 – Want a Scale the dragon with a bit more flair? Reach level 74 to get a pink variant on this Fortnite pet.
- Level 90 – A Mocha Bonesy can be yours if you reach level 90 on the Battle Pass.
- Level 98 – The very last of the Fortnite pets you’ll get is a black version of Scales. It looks bad-ass, but it’ll take you a while to reach this.
What Fortnite Pets Do
As for exactly what Fortnite pets do? Well, pets are just a back bling-esque cosmetic that can sit on your back and look adorable the entire time. Fortnite pets will sit on your back, staring at you through your display adorably while you ping a headshot with a hunting rifle from 200 meters away. Were they necessary? Absolutely not, but they’re a pretty cool new addition all the same.
They may make some noise to cheer you on. But don’t worry, only you and any friendly players (if you’re playing in squads or duos) will be able to hear your Fortnite pets’ noises. Any noise your pets make will not be heard by opponents, so you’re not going to get screwed over by the adorable Bonesy barking out its war cry. They’re just a good little doggo, and we’re all about carrying them around on our backs the entire time. Even if they don’t really give you any advantage in battle. It’s just moral support, really!
That’s pretty much all there is to know right now on Fortnite pets. For more tips, tricks, and information on Fortnite Season 6, be sure to check out our comprehensive Season 6 wiki. Or for everything else video games, be sure to search for Twinfinite.