Best Abilities & Skills in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is the latest entry in Ubisoft’s popular action-adventure series, and it allows players to level up and learn new abilities. There are three different skill trees: Hunter, Warrior, and Assassin. From our experience, we found that the Warrior and Assassin skill trees had the most useful abilities. Here’s a list of the best abilities and skills you should learn first in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
Melee weapons and Standard Arrows inflict Poison damage. When their Poison meter is full, enemies become intoxicated. Intoxication inflicts damage over time and weakens the damage and armor of the enemy. There is no cooldown. Requires no Adrenaline.
Compared to fire buildup, Poison is much more effective because of the weakening effect. Once you upgrade it fully, your enemies will be intoxicated for longer. This is useful for shielded enemies and foes that you aren’t able to hit consistently.
Your knowledge of venoms is undeniable. Poison buildup is increased by 60%, Intoxicated duration is increased by 6 seconds. Intoxicated damage is increased by 25%.
Focus on getting this once you’ve learned Venomous Attacks in the game. It increases your Poison effectiveness and is a great way of whittling down your target’s health over time.
Single Strike attack unleashing the full power of the Spear of Leonidas. Inflicts 100% Assassin damage.
Hero Strike is easily one of the best abilities you can learn in the game. Taking up only one Adrenaline segment, this ability deals massive damage, and the animation keeps you invulnerable during combat.
Launch a stealth attack with deadly precision, dealing 250% Assassin damage. Must be in range and out of conflict to perform it.
As you progress in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, you won’t always be able to kill enemies with a regular assassination. Critical Assassination requires one Adrenaline segment, but it’ll ensure that you can get a stealth kill on beefier enemies. You can also upgrade it for more damage, making it even more useful in the later stages of the game.
Break all shields, Stun the target, and deal 250% Warrior damage. The shield explodes into fragments that damage surrounding enemies.
Shield Breaker is one of the best abilities in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. And so, you should definitely get this as soon as possible. Tier 1 of the ability will only let you break small shields. However, the more you upgrade it, the more effective it will be.
Live to fight on! Refills 50% of max Health and removes the effects of Fire and Poison.
Second Wind is one of the best abilities that carried me all the way through to the end. It only uses up one Adrenaline segment, and it lets you heal in battle. You’ll be able to recover more health when you upgrade it, and it also removes debuffs.
Massively powerful attacks that vary depending on weapon type. Requires 3 full Adrenaline segments. Damage and efficiency increased significantly.
Aside from Hero Strike, the Overpower Attacks can also deal massive damage. This ability is great for chunking down the health of bosses and mercenaries. If you have engravings that let you restore health from Overpower Attacks, use them.
Once you’ve got all your crucial abilities set in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, consider getting Gear and Weapons Master. These can be upgraded to increase your damage output and defense.
And those are the best abilities and skills you can get in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
Here are all the other abilities you can get within the game, that didn’t make the cut. Can you tell I don’t quite care for the bow? You might, though! And that’s why I’ll list it all here.
- Sixth Senses – Slows down time for five seconds when you’re spotted.
- Spread Shot – Scatter shot that shoots three arrows.
- Predator Shot – Sniper shot that lets you move the arrow yourself and does powerful damage.
- Arrow Master – Lets you craft unique, special arrows.
- Multi-Shot – Lets you target up to four enemies and shoot them all at once.
- Devastating Shot – Deals 100% extra dmg.
- Beast Master – Lets you tame animals.
- Rain of Destruction – Launches a volley of arrows.
- Archery Master – Increases your bow by 20%.
- Ghost Arrows of Artemis – Ghost arrow shoots through walls, shields, and enemies.
- Bull Rush – Rushes you forward, dealing some hurt as you go.
- Sparta Kick – Kicks the crap out of enemies, launching them back.
- Charged Heavy Attack – You need to charge before you deal a powerful attack.
- Ring of Chaos – Shocking blast that hits an area.
- Flaming Attacks – Adds fire to your attacks for 15 seconds.
- Fire Mastery – Increases fire dmg by 25%.
- Battlecry of Ares – 20% more dmg for 10 seconds.
- Shadow Assassin – Boosts assassinations and knockouts by 20%.
- Revelation – Reveals all lootable things around you.
- Rush Assassination – Lets you do an assassination at a range.
- Vanish – Stuns all enemies around for 6 seconds.
- Call to Arms – Summons your lieutenant to fight with you.
- Stealth Master – Reduces how noisy you are.
- Slow Time – Time gets slowed for 5 seconds.
- Shadow of Nyx – Stand still and you’ll become invisible.
Be sure to check our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey wiki guide for more info on the game. We’ve also got beginner tips to help you get started, along with guides on Legendary items and engravings. Feel free to sound off in the comments if you have any questions.