How to Get Legendary Gear in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey brings back the loot and equipment system that Ubisoft first introduced in Origins, which means players have the chance to obtain legendary gear in the game. These are essentially the highest rarity tier of items you can get in the game, and they’ll definitely give you an edge in battle. If you’re looking to fit your character with these highly coveted and powerful items and equipment, we have how to right here. Here’s what you need to get legendary gear in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
First off, it’s worth noting that these items are pretty damn rare in the game, and it’s very unlikely that you’ll get them as drops from regular enemies. However, once you progress through the story enough, you’ll eventually be able to start hunting down cultists. You can check their identities in locations from the Cultists tab in the menu.
Once you’ve figured out their identities, you can track them down and kill them. Each cultist is guaranteed to give you an orange ranked item, so it’s definitely worth your time looking for them and taking them out when you can. They’re essentially one of the best ways to get these rarities.
Mercenaries are powerful enemies that can also potentially drop orange items in the game. However, the chances of that happening are pretty low.
When you do encounter mercenaries and defeat them, it’s more likely that they’ll drop purple or blue equipment instead. So if you really want to get that orange within the game, just hunt the cultists. That’s your fastest, most sure way to do this.
In addition to that, look out for conquest battles in each region on your map, as these can also reward you with some extra sweet loot. Some story missions can also reward you with good gear, so don’t neglect these in favor of venturing around Ancient Greece.
How to Get All Legendary Weapons & Armor
Here are all the legendary weapons and legendary armor you can get in the game, as well as how to get them all. If it says a character name, you need to loot their body.
All Legendary Swords
- Gorgoneion Xiphos – Cultist, The Hydra
- Harpe of Perseus – Beast, Medusa
- Nikolaos’ Sword – Quest, Wolf of Sparta
- Pandora’s Kopis – Beast, The Nemean Lion
- Prometheus’ Skia – Mercenary, The Spark
- Sword of Damokles – Cultist, Deimos
- Xiphos of Dionysos – Cultist, Pausanias
- Xiphos of Peleus – Artemisia Fort in Kos
All Legendary Daggers
- Arachne’s Stingers – Merc, The Weaver
- Atlantean Blade – Cultist Stronghold in Lemnos
- Dagger of Kronus – Cultist, Nyx the Shadow
All Legendary Heavy Blunt Weapons
- Hammer of Jason – Mycenae in Argolis
- Mallet of Everlasting Flame – Merc, The Smoldering
- Herakles’ Mace – Sanctuary of Demeter and Kore in Arkadia
- Typhon’s Mace – Merc, Exekias the Legend
All Legendary Heavy Bladed Weapons
- Elysian Axe – Cultist, Polemion the Wise
- Minotaur’s Labrys – Beast, Minotaur
- Polyphemos Cyclops Bludgeon – Beast, Cyclops
All Legendary Staffs
- Rod of Asklepios – Cultist, Iokaste the Seer
All Legendary Spears
- Achilles Spear – Olynthos Fortress in Makedonia
- Athena’s Spear – Quest, Final Battle or Nemesis
- Falx of Olympos – Palace of Amphitrite in Thera
- Griffin’s Scythe – Merc, The Patricidal
- Hades’ Bident – Mount Ithome Fort in Messenia
- Hermes’ Kerukeion – Quest, Let My Patients Go
- Staff of Hermes Trismegistus – Quest, Ancient Revelations
- Poseidon’s Trident – Temple of Poseidon South of Chios
All Legendary Bows
- Achilles’ Bow – Merc, The Marksman
- Artemis’ Bow – Quest, Daughters of Artemis
- Eros’ Bow – Andania Mine in Messenia
- Fanged Bow – Cave of Mount Zas in Naxos
- Hades’ Bow – Merc, Of the Ashen Wake
- Herakles’ Bow – Koinyra Fortress in Thasos
- Paris’ Bow – Cultist, Kleon the Everyman
All Legendary Armor
- Achilles – Defeat all cultists of the Heroes of the Cult.
- Agamemnon – Kill the cultists from the Silver Vein tree.
- Arena Fighter – Complete all the arena fights twice.
- Artemis – Finish the Daughters of Artemis quests.
- Athenian War Hero – Defeat the cultists of Delian League.
- Demigod – Loot Deimos.
- Greek Hero – Defeat the following mercenaries: The Flash, The Frenzied, The Translucent, The Resplendent, and The Lucky Drunk.
- Immortal – Defeat all Worshippers of the Bloodline.
- Pilgrim – Chests in Britomartis in Messara, Akropolis of Argos in Argos, Sanctuary of Eleusis in Attika, Temple of Artemis Orthia in Lakonia, and Temple of the Golden Bowed Goddess in Malis.
- Pirate – Defeat the Gods of the Aegean Sea cultists.
- Snake – Defeat the cultists of the Eye of Kosmos.
- Spartan War Hero – Kill all the Pelopponesian League cultists.
And that’s pretty much all you need to know about getting legendary gear in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Be sure to check our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey guide wiki for more information on the game. Here are some more guides for you to see at a glance: