Summer Games 2018 has officially gone live in Overwatch, bringing a host of new cosmetic items, costumes, and the return of the fan-favorite brawl Lucioball. You can take a look at a new trailer for the Summer Games 2018 down below.
There are a ton of new cosmetic items available with the event, as well as exclusives used in the past, which you can obtain through the Summer Games Loot Boxes. Here’s a full overview of what you can nab via Blizzard.
- 6 new Legendary Skins – Cabana Ana, Fastball Zenyatta, Gridironhardt Reinhardt, Lacrosse Roadhog, Waveracer D.Va, and Catcher Winston
- 3 new Epic Skins – Mexicana Sombra, Éireannach Moira, and Tre Kronor Brigitte
- Over 200 total Summer Games themed cosmetics from throughout the years to collect!
The biggest feature coming with the Summer Games, of course, is the return of the 3vs3 sport Lucioball. There’s a brand new stage for Overwatch players to play on. Here’s an overview of the mode, once again via Blizzard.
- An Overwatch twist on traditional football/soccer, each team pilots three Lúcios scoring goals on a playing field modified for use of his Wall Ride
- Control the ball with melee attacks or sound waves, make use of the Crossfade and Amp It Up abilities for mobility, as well as boost movement speed and jump height with the new Turbo Boost Ultimate
- Three unique arenas to play on, including the brand-new Busan Stadium, as well as the previous maps Sydney Harbour and Estádio das Rãs (Rio)
- Last year’s Copa Lúcioball returns, with the Competitive Play ladder structure and placement matches for players to show off their skills
The Overwatch Summer Games 2018 will run from now until August 31, so you have plenty of time to get in there and have some fun. Make sure to stay tuned with Twinfinite for even more info on the event, costumes, and everything else related to Overwatch.