At approximately 8 AM EST this morning, Nintendo UK dropped a new Nindie (Nintendo + Indie) presentation to coincide with Gamescom. Included in the presentation was new looks at over 15 Nindie games, whether they were reveals of new titles or updates on previously seen games. The presentation focused on titles releasing through the end of 2018 and early 2019. At the time of writing, dates are only available for Europe; Nintendo of America has not uploaded a version of the Nindie presentation to their channel, so not all games can be confirmed with worldwide release dates at this time. Here’s what was shown:
- Night Call: A noir murder mystery where you play as a Parisian taxi-driver doubling as a police informant. Published by Raw Fury; coming early 2019.
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom: Cartoony action platformer where players can morph into different animal warriors as needed. November 6th, 2018. Looks an awful lot like Wonder Boy…
- The Gardens Between: A surreal, time-bending puzzle adventure title featuring two young teens. It boasts a calming aesthetic. September 20, 2018.
- Streets of Rogue: Procedurally-generated twin-stick beat ’em up that features stealth as well as action. Currently available on PC. Releasing on Switch this winter.
- Bad North: “Real-time strategy rogue-like,” with a Viking vibe. Available NOW, both in Europe and America.
- Moonlighter: Pixel-art dungeon crawler with a mercantile twist. Released earlier this year on PC and PS4 to positive critical reception. Landing on Switch sometime this autumn.
- This War of Mine: A brutal 2014 survival game focusing on the lives of civilians living in a war zone makes its way to Switch in November.
- Children of Morta: Another pixel-art adventure game with a mystical, Tolkien setting. Available in early 2019.
- Everspace: Stellar Edition: “A fast-paced rogue-like space shooter,” featuring dogfighting aerial combat. The Stellar edition includes the base game and the encounters expansion blasts off this December.
- Baba is You: Unique grammar puzzler. Get your wordplay on this autumn.
- Slay the Spire: Humble Bundle produced deck-builder meets RPG adventure comes to Switch in early 2019.
- Windjammers and Windjammers 2: Original 90’s disc-throwing game coming to Switch on October 23. Newly revealed sequel slated to release in early 2019.
- Terraria: Coming to Switch in 2019. That is all…
- Prison Architect: A simulation title where players build a penitentiary and try to rehabilitate inmates while keeping order. Switch edition comes with two previously-released expansions. Available NOW on both eshops with an escape mode coming later this summer.
- Morphies Law: The previously seen third-person shooter with a unique body-building concept flaunts customizable weapons and characters. Releases in Europe TONIGHT at 7 PM CEST (1 PM EST). No American release date confirmed at time of writing.
You can check out Nintendo’s own highlight reel from the direct below: