With the success of the Shadow of the Colossus remake on PS4, as well as their previous remaster projects such as the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Bluepoint Games is starting to make quite the reputation for itself. As such, it doesn’t really come as much of a surprise to know that they’re working on a remake for yet another classic title.
Over on their website, they’ve posted a job listing for Senior Graphics Engineer, with the following responsibilities:
- High- and low-level optimization of rendering code for console platforms
- Development and maintenance of content generation and content optimization pipelines
- Research into new real-time rendering techniques and features
- Collaboration with other team members to determine rendering requirements
- Implementation of rendering features to the Bluepoint Engine
At the end of the listing, they also stated that they were currently remaking a classic title for current-gen consoles.
‘We are passionately at work remaking a classic for current-gen game systems, growing our capabilities as a team and raising the bar for what fans anticipate from us.’
No other details were given about the title they were working on, but given their affiliation to Sony, it might not be much of a stretch to think that a Demon’s Souls remake could be on the way. One can hope.