Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s latest update has been released today, and it comes with a few bug fixes, some quality of life improvements, and a bit of additional content for expansion pass owners.
Something that is handy for everyone is the ability to skip voice segments in the menus by pressing the A or B button. This will help to speed up the process of sending your blades on mercenary missions, as previously you had to listen to a short piece of dialogue every time you assigned a team to a mission. It’s a small change, but definitely a welcome one.
Also, some quests have been adjusted to make them completable regardless of the player’s progress through the main story.
Lastly, Players who picked up Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s expansion pass will be treated to some goodies. New Quests Pack 1 has been released which adds five new quests to the game. Some new quests will require a certain amount of progress in the main story to access, the specifics of which can be viewed in the patch notes below. Helpful Items Pack 3 is also available, which gifts players with 10 rare core crystals, along with some new pouch items which are particularly liked by Tora and Poppi.
Here are the and full patch notes and available expansion pass contents:
Expansion Pass: New Quests Pack 1
- Passion of the Artisan (Quest available in Chapter 2)
- M.I.A. Nopon (Quest available in Chapter 3)
- Industrial Sort of Tour (Quest available in Chapter 5)
- Midnight Feasting (Quest available in Chapter 7)
- The Lone Watchman (Quest available in Chapter 10)
Expansion Pass: Helpful Items Pack 3
- Driver Essentials Set 2: Rare Core Crystal x10, Legendary Core Crystal x1, Overdrive Protocol x1
- Tora’s Favorite Thing: Juicy Samod x3
- Poppi α’s Favorite Thing: Fizz Juice x3
- Charming Driver Gear: Auto-Balancer x1
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 version 1.2.0 patch notes
- Fixed an issue in which parts set to a specific Skill RAM failed to provide their intended effects.
- Adjusted the Gormott regular quest “The Riddle on the Wall” to make it completable regardless of player progression in the main story.
- Adjusted Finch’s Blade Quest “Birds of a Feather” to make it completable regardless of player progression in the main story.
- Fixed an issue in Agate’s Blade Quest “Precious Yearnings” preventing quest progression.
- Added functionality to allow players to receive the first round of quests and the second round of items associated with the Expansion Pass.
- Voiced segments in menus can now be skipped with the A or B button.
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Debut Trailer Shows Off a Bunch of Characters
- Sony’s PhyreEngine Now Compatible With The Nintendo Switch
- Lara Croft Confronts Her Past In The New Tomb Raider Movie Trailer