Massive Damage has just announced Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition. As the name suggests, it’s a re-release of the popular space indie game on Steam from last year. However, it also comes packed with a ton of new features to enhance the game even further. Here are the details:
- Streamlined Campaign greatly speeds up progression and tightens the campaign to an action and adventure packed 12 hrs depending on your play style and pace
- Streamlined All Systems for faster progression, including economy, starbase, resources, and officer levelling.
- New Officer Progression System with 6 subclasses, 3 Prestige classes, new skill tree, and over 20+ new Prestige/Epic powers.
- New Ship Loadout and Config screen will let you customize loadouts (and save them) for your ships just before entering combat
- New Difficulty Mode called Vice Admiral and slightly increased difficulty across the board
- Enhanced Combat includes 25+ new alien faction space combat abilities, more combos for both players and enemies, increased faction weaknesses and resistances, and other balancing tweaks
- New UI Overhaul designed for greater readability and usability. Many quality of life enhancements to all areas of the game, too many to list here.
We also get a brand new announcement trailer for the game.
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is set to be released for PC on August 10.