Star Wars Celebration brought the fun and excitement to fans lucky enough to attend. EA revealed a host of new details about Star Wars Battlefront II, and during its press-only panel, there were new tidbits that might be interesting to those of you that are really looking forward to it or those of you that feel burned by the first attempt.
Single Player in Battlefront II
- The story was formed after asking what happened after Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, so it seeks to fill that gap.
- Battlefront II seeks to put us through the perspective of The Empire. They won’t be villains, simply those on “the other side” of the battle.
- The protagonist is an elite trooper from The Empire.
- Her father was a high-ranking official from The Empire, perhaps influencing her.
- There is a whole new planet created for the game.
- She has a droid buddy that looks like a drone squid.
- The teams at DICE, Motive, and Lucasfilms are working together to form as authentic of a Star Wars experience as they can.
- Other heroes from the franchise will be playable in certain parts of the stories, with Luke Skywalker confirmed at the panel.
Multiplayer in Battlefront II
- All heroes from the movie series will be included in the multiplayer portion. This includes characters from the prequels, as they wanted to make sure that all eras were covered.
- No more power-ups. Becoming a hero on the battlefield was described as being “a resource-based system” where it appeared that doing different actions will make you more likely to be able to become a hero.
- In addition to the above point, they also said you could get into a vehicle this way… or “something else.” This wasn’t elaborated on.
- They wanted more heroes to appear at once in matches.
- The heroes have some gameplay changes. “More physicality” has been added to characters. An example used was Darth Maul. They “couldn’t have Darth Maul and not make him a kickass melee fighter.”
- Heroes can also be upgraded, be stocked up with new abilities, and generally just customized to your play style.
- Droids are a new trooper you can play as.
- DICE heard fans; space battles are in.
- Tauntauns will be rideable.
- “A lot” of more vehicles will be added into the game.
- Vehicles work a lot like heroes in that they can be upgraded and customized to how you want to play.
- There are all-new “Hero Ships” that are iconic from the franchise.
That’s all we were able to get from the panel, but we’ll be sure to keep updating as more news of Star Wars Battlefront II arises.
Check Out More For Star Wars Battlefront II
- If you want to know when you can expect to get your hands on the game…
- If you want to know more about the story players will experience…