Gjallarhorn – Destiny: Rise of Iron
“If there is beauty in destruction, why not also in its delivery?” – Feizel Crux
The Gjallarhorn has been missed ever since it took that one year sabbatical after the release of The Taken King. Fans of this powerful Exotic Rocket Launcher will be pleased to learn that everyone will have a shot at collecting this weapon inside of the newest expansion, Rise of Iron. In order to obtain it, you will have to complete a quest that will take you to the birthplace of the weapon, the very forge where it was crafted out of the armor of fallen Guardians at Twilight Gap.
Bungie decided to make it obtainable by everybody, and not through RNG, after the issues that surrounded the weapon the first time around.
After beating the main questline (which nets you a great Exotic sword) you’ll unlock a quest called Echoes of the Past. This will task you with completing an Anomaly Patrol in the Plaguelands near the Archon Keep (when you spawn in, head right and then go right when you reach the tanker that houses the final story mission). Complete this patrol then head back to Felwinter Peak and talk to Saladin. He will give you a new quest called Beauty in Destruction that will task your Guardian with collecting Iron Lord Medallions in specific locations.
Collect all seven then return to Tyra to continue the questline.
Of course, when you get this Year Three version of the weapon it will be a bit better. You don’t have to unlock the perks that make it special, as they’re now the primary perks (Wolfpack Rounds are back). Also the improved version drops at no lower than 320 Light, not too shabby.
Here are the perks you’ll find on it:
- Solar – This weapon causes Solar damage.
- Wolfpack Rounds – Rounds fired from this weapon split into tracking cluster missiles upon detonation.
- Tracking – Shells fired from this weapon track their targets
- Infuse – Consume a more powerful Weapon to boost the Attack value of this Weapon.
Selectable Perk 1
- Speed Reload – Reload this weapon quickly.
- Quickdraw – This weapon can be drawn unbelievably fast.
- Snapshot – Aiming this weapon is incredibly fast.
Selectable Perk 2
- Confined Launch – Greatly reduced recoil. Significant penalty to Velocity.
- Soft Launch – Increased Recoil. Boost to Velocity.
- Smart Drift Control – Predictable and controllable recoil. Penalty to Velocity.
For more Destiny: Rise of Iron help, check out our wiki for guides and tips!