Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age has just been announced by Square Enix, and the game’s official website has also been launched. As we could all probably gather from the trailer, The Zodiac Age is basically a HD remaster of Final Fantasy XII: International – Zodiac Job Sytem. This updated version of the game was previously released in Japan, and it introduced a bunch of new systems and changes in certain game designs. The Zodiac Age aims to improve upon the international version.
The official website has listed the improvements that will be made in this re-release, and they’re listed below, via Gematsu:
- High resolution upgrades for all character models, environments, and even in-game fonts
- High resolution upgrades for movie scenes
- Introduction of current generation visual expression
- 7.1ch surround support
- High quality voice support
- English and Japanese voices, which are selectable from in-game menus
- Original and re-recorded BGMs, which are selectable from in-game menus
- Shorter load times
- Auto-save functionality
- A high speed mode
It’s not really clear what the high speed mode does, but we’re assuming it’ll increase the speed of the game and your character’s mobility, which will undoubtedly come in handy when you’re moving from one location to another. It’s also nice having the option to switch between the original and remastered soundtrack – something which I sorely missed from the Final Fantasy X HD remaster.
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age has been announced for the PS4 and will be released some time in 2017.