Square Enix announced, at the very end of 2015 ,that Final Fantasy IX would soon be making its way to PC and Smartphones. We had yet to receive any kind of date for the rerelease, until now. It turns out that day is today though, and the PlayStation classic is now available on the App Store and Google Play Store.
The game boasts some new features like high-speed battles and no encounters mode. The visuals have also been updated to a degree, although it mostly resembles its original version on the PlayStation. Right now the game will cost you $16.99 on either mobile store, and that’s a discounted price of 20 percent off its normal price. The sale will run through Feb. 21.
Here’s a full rundown of the mobile version of the game.
Selling over 5.5million copies since its release in 2000, Final Fantasy IX proudly returns on iOS! Now you can relive the adventures of Zidane and his crew in the palm of your hands! Enjoy this classic Final Fantasy experience with no additional fees or purchases.
Zidane and the Tantalus Theater Troupe have kidnapped Princess Garnet, the heir of Alexandria. To their surprise, however, the princess herself yearned to escape the castle. Through a series of unusual circumstances, she and her personal guard, Steiner, fall in with Zidane and set out on an incredible journey. Meeting unforgettable characters like Vivi and Quina along the way, they learn about themselves, the secrets of the Crystal, and a malevolent force that threatens to destroy their world.
- Abilities – Learn new abilities by equipping items. When fully mastered, these abilities can be used even without equipping items, allowing for nearly endless customization options.
- Trance – Fill your Trance gauge as you sustain hits in battle. When fully charged, your characters will enter Trance mode, granting them powerful new skills!
- Synthesis – Never let items go to waste. Combine two items or pieces of equipment together and make better, stronger items!
- Mini-Games – Whether it’s Chocobo Hot and Cold, Jump Rope, or Tetra Master, there are plenty of mini-games to enjoy when you’re not off saving the world. You can even earn special item rewards!
- 7 game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.
- High-definition movies and character models.
A PC version of Final Fantasy IX is still coming, although no date has been announced other than “early 2016.” Are you picking up the mobile release of Final Fantasy IX? Have you ever played the title before? What’s your favorite Final Fantasy game? Let us know in the comments.
CHECK OUT MORE
- Overwatch’s New Beta Has Character Portraits, New Modes, Loot Boxes, and No Level Cap
- Sonic the Hedgehog’s Twitter Reveals Possible Madeon Collab or Absolute Gibberish
- Grand Theft Auto Trilogy Appears on the UK PSN Store
- What is Firewatch? Everything You Need to Know