Today, EA detailed its plans for upcoming content coming to Star Wars Battlefront over the next year, with the most notable inclusion being a Death Star map.
EA has also provided details of the patch coming to Star Wars Battlefront on all platforms. Going live tomorrow, the patch will bring:
- The Tatooine Survival map, called Raider Camp, will support Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs. Villains modes
- Hoth outfits for Luke and Han
- Private Matchmaking
- Daily Challenges and Community Events
- Weapon and mode balancing tweaks.
If you’re interested in finding out all the nitty gritty details on how the weapons and modes have been balanced, you can check out the post on the game’s forums here.
In a separate post on the forum titled, ‘Star Wars Battlefront- The Road Ahead’, EA has outlined even more details on free and paid content coming to Star Wars Battlefront throughout the rest of 2016.
In February, players will be able to play a new Survival mission on Hoth, and will also receive a new Hoth multiplayer map that will support larger game modes such as Walker Assault, Fighter Squadron, Supremacy and Turning Point. The update will also bring Turning Point to every map currently available in the game that supports the Walker Assault and Supremacy game modes.
The update scheduled for March will bring a new multiplayer map to Endor, supporting Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point game modes. Fans will also be given an additional Tatooine Survival Map.
While it’s great to see Star Wars Battlefront being supported by EA with free content coming in the next few months, it’s the content arriving in the expansion packs that is particularly exciting.
In the same post on the forums, EA revealed what content is coming in the expansions (which are included in the season pass), as well as rough release windows for each one. The details can be found below.
- Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017)
Are you pleased with the upcoming content for Star Wars Battlefront? Let us know in the comments below.