December’s list of backwards compatible games for Xbox One has been revealed over on Major Nelson’s blog. Last month, after spending several months in preview, backwards compatibility launched to all Xbox One users bringing the highly requested feature to the platform.
The list of new backwards compatible additions for the month of December are as follows:
- Braid – Microsoft Studios
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Square Enix
- Doritos Crash Course – Microsoft Studios
- Fable III – Microsoft Game Studios
- Halo: Reach – Microsoft Game Studios
- Hydro Thunder – Microsoft Studios
- Iron Brigade – Microsoft Studios
- Kane & Lynch 2 – Square Enix Ltd.
- Motocross Madness – Microsoft Studios
- Ms. Pac-Man – Bandai Namco Entertainment Inc.
- Peggle – PopCap Games, Inc.
- Portal: Still Alive – Microsoft Studios
- Spelunky – Microsoft Studios
- Splosion Man – Microsoft Studios
- Ticket to Rice – Microsoft Studios
- Zuma’s Revenge – PopCap Games
For titles that users own a physical disc for, they can simply insert the disc and the game will automatically install. For digital games, simply go to Store via your console or SmartGlass app and initiate the download. Games will be playable after the game has fully installed.
If there is a game that you’d like to see support backwards compatibility, you can leave your suggestion over on xbox.uservoice.com. Remember, the game’s fate is ultimately in the hands of the publisher who owns the right to them, but Major Nelson has assured fans that “fan feedback is essential in shaping the Xbox Experience”. And it has to be true, or else we wouldn’t have gotten Doritos Crash Course so quickly!
What games would you like to see be made backwards compatible on Xbox One next? Let us know in the comments below.