On episode 5 of his show Pachter Factor, video game and electronics research analyst with Wedbush Securities, Michael Pachter, has revealed his predictions on when Nintendo’s next console, currently code named the NX, will launch.
Despite openly admitting he doesn’t know a single thing about Nintendo’s next platform, including what it is or what it will look like, Pachter is no stranger to getting asked questions about it. He recently predicted it would be $299 at launch, backing up his guess by stating how big of a disaster Wii U sales were for Nintendo with the console priced at $349 on launch day.
Now, he’s back again to provide more of his insight, with a question from a curious gamer who wanted to know when he’ll be able to actually play Nintendo’s next piece of hardware.
Pachter was asked by a Siftd.net user:
“When do you predict the Nintendo NX will be released in the United States?”
Pachter used Nintendo’s past practices to come up with his guess. In the past, the company has announced their next-gen piece of hardware at E3 and released them 18 months later. Therefore, if you were hoping that you’d see the NX platform sometime next year, Pachter thinks you shouldn’t get your hopes up. However, if the rumors swirling that some developers have NX dev-kits already are indeed true, Pachter thinks that there may be a very slight chance it arrives sooner, therefore making it a first for Nintendo on the strategy behind how they release their consoles. So, if they are out there, it’s all going to come down to how long those dev-kits have been in the hands of the developers. “I would say 20% chance it comes out in 2016 in the U.S., 80% chance it comes out in 2017. If you don’t see it before E3, there’s a 0% chance it’s coming out in 2016.”
Don’t forget to place your bets on when you think the NX will be released in the comments section below!
- Final Fantasy VII’s PS4 Port Gets a Full Suite of Trophies
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 Gets a Major Bug-Fixing Update
- Cards Against Humanity Is Letting You Give Them $5 for Black Friday
This post was originally written by Danny Endurance.