Bloodborne’s first expansion, The Old Hunters, takes place in another realm called The Hunter’s Nightmare. This is the place you need to reach in order to begin the brand new adventure. Unlike some other games, you can’t just access this new area from a menu once you’ve installed (thank you for that one, The Witcher 3), so get ready to put in a little bit of leg work.
If you’ve checked out our preparation guide, then you’ll already know that you need to have at least cleared the Cathedral Ward (which includes defeating Vicar Amelia). If you’ve done all of that, you’re ready to access The Hunter’s Nightmare with just a few quick steps.
- Step 1 – Interact with the altar behind where you fought Vicar Amelia. It will turn the world to night and grant you access to the next step.
- Step 2 – Head back to The Hunter’s Dream where you’ll obtain the Eye of a Blood-drunk Hunter from one of those little messengers. It will be located right in front of the steps leading up to the workshop.
- Step 3 – Head over to the Oedon Chapel and exit using the door to the right.
- Step 4 – Head to the tree next to the gate (there will be a dead body nearby). A Great One will pick you up and seemingly kill you, but it is transferring you to The Hunter’s Nightmare.
- Step 5 – Activate the Lamp right in front of where you spawn, that way you can travel directly between The Hunter’s Nightmare and The Hunter’s Dream.
There you have it, you have now gained access to the DLCs new area. It is a twisted version of the Yharnam you’re used to with some extra locations and threats thrown in for good measure. Keep your wits about you, Hunter.