A patch released today for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, among other things it now allows players to spend in-game currency on insurance for their FOBs( Forward Operating Base).
The insurance will compensate you for any staff or materials taken from your FOB during the time the period that you have it.
“Staff/materials stolen by the rival will in fact remain on your base, and an identical amount of staff/materials will be handed over to the rival instead,”says the official description of the new insurance.
The insurance is purchased with MB Coins, which can be purchased with real money or earned more difficultly in the game itself. The purchases for these range anywhere from $0.99 to $49.99.
According to a thread on NeoGaf one-day of coverage costs 50 coins, three days costs 100, a week costs 200 and two weeks costs 300 coins. In addition the FOB insurance does not cover any of the following.
- Staff/items that are not fully your property, such as abducted staff being held in your Brig (FOB)
- Wounded staff (staff lost due to death or extraction will be compensated)
- Staff used by you to deploy in defense of the FOB (neither death nor extraction will be compensated)
- Nuclear weapons
Metal Gear Solid V allows players to expand their Mother Base by building an FOB, optional add-ons to the main base. These can only be built while online however, and they add additional staff as well as resources to your existing operation. They are able to be invaded by other players though, where they can steal resources and staff members from your stockpile.
The new patch clocks in at around 1 GB and ncludes new combat deployment missions, new weapons and equipment, as well as the ability to use MB Coins to speed up FOB building itself. Konami has detailed the new patch on the game’s official website.
What do you think about the new FOB insurance? Is it something you’d spend money on? Let us know in the comments.
- Ubisoft Announces Far Cry Primal for 2016
- Star Wars: Battlefront Will Not Feature Microtransactions Says DICE
- The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone Launch Trailer is Here