Trophy hunters are in for a treat as all trophies in NBA 2K18’s Prelude demo seem extremely easy to complete. The free demo has three bronzes, six silvers, and a gold trophy. According to PlayStation Trophies, nine trophies are story-based while the remaining one is “missable,” but simply tasks players with purchasing an attribute upgrade for their custom baller. Below is the full trophy list courtesy of Exophase:
- You’ve Got The Look (Bronze) – Create Your MyPLAYER.
- Devil is in the Details (Bronze) – Register for The Proving Ground.
- I Make This Look Good (Bronze) – Select a jumpshot for your MyPLAYER.
- It’ll Last Longer (Silver) – Take a picture of the Air Jordan XXXII shoe.
- Y’all Ready For This? (Silver) – Play your first game in The Proving Ground tournament
- Movin’ On Up (Silver) – Play in the Showdown Game at the end of The Proving Ground event.
- Hey Guys! (Silver) – Get interviewed by Rachel for 2KTV after the Showdown Game.
- Don’t Call it a Comeback (Silver) – Get an NBA tryout.
- Not Gonna Waste My Show (Silver) – Complete the tryout with an NBA team.
- Pinch Me (Gold) – Get the big text from your agent.
Looking at the trophy list, NBA 2K18 seemingly deviates from previous years’ MyCareer plot line of playing as a rising baller from high school through college until he gets drafted by an NBA team. While only a speculation, it seems like MyCareer matches start straight away with a tournament called the Proving Ground; therafter, players can try out for their desired NBA team.
NBA 2K18: The Prelude will release on September 8 for PS4, and Xbox One, and progress will carry over to the full game. NBA 2K18 will launch on PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One in September 19, but those who pre-order can start playing four days early come September 15.