The latest lineup of heroes in Overwatch 2 allows players to try out never-before-seen techniques in various game modes. However, since these members are relatively new, it may be challenging to get used to them in the beginning stages. To help with this feat, here’s a character guide on Sojourn, including information about her weapon, abilities, strategies, counters, and synergies.
Overwatch 2 Sojourn’s Railgun
Sojourn’s Railgun has two features: rapid fire and high-impact shots. For PC users, you can left-click on your mouse to initiate a burst of projectiles, which can take down enemies at a fast rate. Then, once players have accumulated enough energy from kills, they can release the high-impact shot by right-clicking on their mouse.
Overwatch 2 Sojourn Abilities
As an Attack hero of Overwatch 2, it’s no surprise that Sojourn’s abilities are primarily offensive, mainly because two of her skills deal immense damage.
- Power Slide – A ground slide that can be canceled to produce a high jump.
- Disruptor Shot – Launch an energy burst that snares and deals damage within its radius.
- Ultimate: Overclock – Sojourn’s Railgun will utilize its energy to produce piercing bullets against the enemy.
The Power Slide can be handy when there are several opponents around you, making it easier to avoid their attacks. Then, players can deal even more damage with the Disrupter Shot while simultaneously slowing them down in the process.
When your Ultimate ability is available, Sojourn’s weapon will become overpowered for a short duration, allowing you to eliminate enemies instantly. Players can also use the hero’s Passive talent of increased movement and reload speed after successfully killing members of the opposing team.
Overwatch 2 Sojourn Strategies
If you are an avid player of the Overwatch series, you’ll know that enemies can quickly kill Attack heroes because of their lower health. With this in mind, here are a few tips and tricks that players can utilize:
- Use her Power Slide as much as possible when the ability is available because you’ll need to conserve your health to survive the match.
- Cancel the Power Slide to launch a high jump, which can help avoid enemy attacks and shoot the opposing team while in the air.
- Try to keep a balance between shooting from a distance and being at the front lines. Sometimes you can get an easy kill even if the enemy is reasonably far away, but there are times when you can be in the heat of the battle as long as there is another teammate (preferably a Tank) present.
- Be mindful of your high-impact shots meter in the bottom right corner because this feature will activate once you’ve accumulated enough kills.
- Perform Sojourn’s Ultimate attack when a large group of enemies is nearby. Overclock can eliminate foes in an instant, so it’s possible to wipe out the team during this short amount of time.
- Attack Tank barriers with the Railgun using either rapid fire or charged ability.
Sojourn Counters & Synergies
Sojourn does exceptionally well with Tanks like Zarya, Junker Queen, and Reinhardt since they can protect you from enemy projectiles. For example, Zarya’s Projected Barriers can defend the hero, while Junker Queen’s Commanding Shout can replenish health when the character is near her. Besides the Tank’s defensive strategies, they can increase the damage against the enemy when paired with Sojourn’s Railgun.
Overwatch 2 healers are also great teammates to have alongside Sojourn to remedy her low health, such as Lucio, Moira, and Kiriko. However, you can also pair her with other Attack heroes, including Tracer and Mei, but you’ll still need to have at least one character with healing abilities.
On the contrary, Tanks and Attack heroes have the power to instantly kill Sojourn, especially those with close-range attacks and flying abilities. For instance, Pharah’s Jump Jet can make her harder to target while airborne. Additionally, characters like Roadhog and Reaper can be tough to take down when playing as Sojourn.
Hopefully, this Sojourn character guide of Overwatch 2 has helped you understand the hero better. For more content about the game, you can check out the relevant links below and view our guide about Kiriko.
- Best Overwatch 2 PC Settings
- When Do Ramattra & Season 2 Come Out in Overwatch 2? Answered
- Top 10 Best Overwatch Maps, Ranked
- The Easiest Overwatch 2 Characters, Ranked
- How to Counter Every Overwatch 2 Character